Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- Working here is about being there for our customers; we're available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it's also about you -how you develop and what you can achieve. We'll help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
- Department Info
- With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers' pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
- Job Duties
- As a Test Manager you will have an important role in the delivery of the transformation and business growth objectives of the division. You will drive successful project delivery through the creation of innovative test approaches that focus on time to market and customer outcomes. You will also show leadership in the use of IT tools to enhance project outcomes and the culture of the Transformation team.
- Drives the Test Delivery of several small to medium scale projects consisting of multiple technology suppliers and business customers. Direct and manage a test team comprised of L&G and 3 rd party teams ensuring delivery within agreed time/quality/budget tolerances.
- Creates the test approach that uses appropriate methodologies, tools and resourcing to ensure effective testing via a test coverage that mitigates business risk.
- Delivers effective & timely communication & reporting to all interested parties including stakeholders and Senior Managers / Execs in order to support and manage the smooth delivery of test activity
- Proactively manages third party relationships ensuring that dependencies are identified and managed and deliverables are achieved, as defined in the project's Test Approach and without incurring unnecessary cost or delay to the project.
- Coordinate activities within and across LGR and IT partners (including 3 rd parties) to deliver the test strategies, providing expert advice and guidance on test methods, techniques and tools at all stages of the development life cycle with the aim of implementing the best approach to testing.
- Understands the principles of Business Transformation and is able to translate these principles into business/people change activities and project outcomes
- Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times. Ensure that all business processes and internal controls within your role are designed and performed in a way that delivers good customer outcomes and demonstrates effective management of Conduct Risk.
- Skills Required
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager or equivalent experience
- Agile and Scrum
- Background in Pensions, Annuities, Asset & Liability Management and / or Investments and understanding of the products, regulations and the UK Pensions market.
- Outstanding test management experience required and proven delivery track record of change / transformation.
- Adaptable approach to test management & control.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills in order to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to self-manage and work in a dynamic environment
- Management experience including working with Business Analysts and Test Managers / Analysts.
- The ability to manage and benefit from virtual meetings, with limited reliance on face-to-face meetings
- The willingness to embrace new technologies and influence other parts of the business to adopt
- A relentless drive towards paperless working, wherever possible
- The willingness and ability to work without the constraints of a fixed office or desk location, focusing on outcomes and benefits, rather than tasks and measures
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
This role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be based in our Hove office, but you could work in other Legal & General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Project Resourcing Consultant on or email for further information.