Service Delivery Manager (IT Infrastructure and Operations)
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- Creating communities to live, grow and flourish
We believe that the pride and commitment of our staff are the key to our success. By ensuring exceptional levels of care and quality throughout, we aim to become the foremost provider of first class homes and customer service.
- Department Info
- Our aim is to establish our reputation as the leading provider of top quality homes and first class customer service in the UK housing sector and to compete for market share with the established residential developers. We want to challenge and change public perception of new homes being inferior to older properties, by delivering a product which surpasses buildings of the past in terms of quality, efficiency and comfort. We are also committed to following a purchasing process that removes the stress and anxiety associated with moving home and one where customer satisfaction is embedded into all aspects of our business, supported by guarantees from a leading UK brand synonymous with honesty and trust. Our vision is, that by creating first class Communities, we will become the residential developer of choice in the UK.
- Job Duties
Manage the IT operational service and customer relationships for all production services for Legal & General Homes and Modular Homes. Ensure the Managed Service Provider(s) and Service Integrator (where necessary) deliver quality services that fully support the business aims and strategy through effective account management with all management levels in the business, Information Services and the Managed Service Providers.
Ensure service targets and metrics are monitored/reviewed and updated as appropriate to meet the business need. Monitor the appropriateness and achievement of Service Improvement plans and other continual improvement activities by the Managed Service Providers. Act as internal owner for one or more services ensuring effective and active management of the L & G Homes and Modular cost base.
Manage and develop relationships with the business at all levels, in particular director and senior management, Internal Stakeholders, Service Integrator and Managed Service Providers(MSP) to encourage an open and trusting relationship where information is freely exchanged. Act as the end-to-end service owner on behalf of the relevant customers. Ensure customer requirements of the IT Service are understood and properly documented.
Act as end-to-end internal service owner, demonstrating a strong understanding of current technology and service delivery for these towers and a good appreciation of industry trends for these services. Represent Legal & General in non-commercial decisions with Service Integrators, Managed Service Providers and Suppliers relating to these services. Ensure communications are in place to influence decision making and ensure that the Business and our MSPs are maximising the potential of their IT services.
Create, manage and maintain a Service Improvement Plan, that ensures systems & services are aligned with the drivers and objectives of the Businesses, meeting the targets specified with the SLA's. Facilitate continuous service improvement (CSI) by regularly engaging with management levels in the business and IT to discuss short and long term service requirements.
Ensure that all SLAs and KPIs are maintained and achieved. Ensure that the required SLAs and KPIs are in place with our key suppliers and that they accurately reflect the service provided. Review and scrutinise monthly service in place reports. Negotiate and agree service standards with the supplier, manage the Service Level Agreements put and regularly review performance with the supplier and the business. Gather customer perception to corroborate MI.
Provide MI to inform the Boards and appropriate committees on the performance of the IT services. Always ensure the MI can be clearly understood and provide excellent analysis and commentary where appropriate.
Escalation of day to day IT Service issues and monitoring and escalation of trends to proactively manage remediations which will ensure service levels are maintained at appropriate levels. .
Oversight and approval of new service requests e.g. new desktops. Taking into account budget and policy constraints. Where necessary updating/recommending policies which will ensure the business can operate more efficiently.
Work with the Business Managers to ensure that the Operational Readiness is fully understood for all changes and the required support model is clearly defined and in place. Ensure that the scheduling and communication of future changes is actively managed and communicated by the Service Integrator to all key parties on a regular basis and all associated activities associated with Change. Set-up and manage change approval board (CAB) to manage and assess the risks created by the change.
Provide a focal point for the MSP and Legal & General in the event of serious system failure, service disruption/escalation or complaint, ensuring the Service Integrator is actively managing service recovery and that communication is effective and timely. Represent Legal & General in any decision making and prioritisation and escalate to the IT Director when appropriate. Ensure all system incidents are resolved and that ITIL processes for Incident and Problem management are followed to ensure root cause analysis is carried out.
Define, develop and deliver processes and systems to ensure is aligned to L&G's IT policies and a consistent and good level of service that means customers' expectations are met.
- Skills Required
- Specialist Knowledge Infrastructure & Operations
- Expertise in IT Operations Management and IT Service Delivery based on industry leading frameworks of ITIL, ideally in an outsourced environment.
- Knowledge of L & G and supplier infrastructure, IT strategy and supporting operational processes and practices.
- SLA/OLA Creation monitoring, communication and escalation
- Understanding and implementation of governance within the IT function.
- Creation and development of Service Improvement Plans
- Relationships development
- Understanding of system development processes
- Organisational Awareness
Business & IT Strategy
- Understanding of the departmental responsibilities and roles and the inter-relationship between areas both within business, the MSP, Group IT governance and LGC Operations
- Understanding of the overall L&G management structure e.g. role of Group Board
- Understanding of governance responsibilities in general and specifically relating to Audit, Compliance and Group Risk
- Understanding of the responsibilities relating to Location Management and staff management e.g. Health & Safety, Disaster Recovery, Environmental (Green) Issues
- Understanding of the broad economic, legislative and regulatory contexts within which L&G operates and their influence on the management of Legal & General Homes and Modular and Legal & General Capital (LGC).
- Understanding of Legal & General Homes and Modular business to challenge and contribute to business requirements and ensure that systems performance addresses the business needs and drivers.
- Help to define the Systems Strategy for Legal & General Homes and Modular business linked to the business strategy
- Understanding of new and emerging technologies and their potential application within Legal & General Homes and Modular business
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to deliver MI in a clear and concise manner
- Analysis of service data to identify trends and future issues before they arise.
- Minimum ITIL Foundation Certificate. ITIL Managers Certificate preferred.
- Key experience of IT Service Management in an outsourced environment.
- Direct experience of managing supplier relationships.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of SLA\OLA development and management.
- High level understanding of business strategy / objectives / structure / market place
- Understand business IT requirements and implications / impact of service incidents.
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information about the role, please contact Graham Stoddart, UK Resourcing Lead, at