Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
IT - Operational Risk
About Operational Risk Management
The Operational Risk Management (ORM) function enforces the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) which aligns to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (EMRF) principles and Three Lines of Defence (3LOD) accountabilities across Barclays for ownership, execution and management of Operational Risk across Barclays. ORAC, the supporting system provides a consistent framework, a single source of truth for risk identification, risk measurement & reporting of Operational Risks across the Group and meet the regulatory requirements of an AMA bank.
About Operational Risk Technology
The Operational Risk Technology (ORT) function is responsible for the end-to-end technology delivery of the ORAC (Operational Risk and Controls) application platform based on the MetricStream product.
ORAC is a global system used by approx. 10,000 users across all Barclays' business areas (e.g. Investment Bank, Wealth, Barclay Card, Retail, Africa, etc.).
ORAC is also used to provide (via a separate data schema) the regulatory data extracts used for the IHC (Independent Holding Company) reporting. The IHC requirements are realized under the project called OCTON CCAR.
A MI Business Objects reporting solution has been built on top of the ORAC data schema and approx. 15 reports are currently in production with further reports being developed throughout 2016 and 2017.
• Hands-on Test Analyst who has Operational Risk domain and/ or MetricStream vendor modules knowledge (Risk Events, Risk Control Assessments, Control Assurance) and/ or GRC system knowledge for creating test cases, carrying out test execution, raising defects and reporting of the test results - in line with the published test strategy.
• Create Test ware - scenarios, cases, data
• Execute Test scripts and collate evidence
• Raise defects with appropriate amount of details
• Participate in requirement analysis to understand the ORAC enhancements leading to new test cases
• Contribute to test estimations (duration, time needed for execution)
• Analyze Defects, compare to functional specifications
• Complete tasks / deliverables within scheduled time
• Participate in test case automation scripting using Selenium IDE
• Working knowledge of Quality Center/Jira or any other test case management or defect management tools
• Escalate issues to Test manager/Scrum Master as appropriate
• Experience and ability to engage with business stakeholders, vendor team members with crisp communication and easy-to-understand test and defect reporting
• Provide support/inputs to other team members on technology/ domain/ application queries
• Collaborate with all project/partner teams
Decision-making and Problem Solving
• Take initiative to learn the system functionality to enable test results' accuracy
• Ability to manage own work, project deliverables and work independently
Risk and Control Objective
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
• Awareness of project timelines and key deliverables and need to meet committed test scope and date
• Apply system knowledge and testing skills to ensure continual increase in performance and stability of the core regression pack
• Hands-on manual functional test execution experience (System Integration test)
• Hand-on executing non-functional testing; e.g. single user performance test
• Hands-on or Knowledge of regression test automation
• Operational Risk domain knowledge (MetricStream product)
• Hands-on Defect management experience
• Articulate both in verbal communication and authoring crisp and concise emails
• Self-starter, motivated and driven to deliver results and on-time
• Feel comfortable working closely with developers, business and other test analysts and clients in a highly collaborative environment
• Knowledge of testing terminologies, processes and tools
• ISTQB/QAI certification will be an advantage
• Experience in test automation and using Selenium IDE would be an advantage
• Knowledge of testing within an Agile development environment would be an advantage
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .