Technical Surveyor/Sales & Marketing Engineer- Security Systems
Job Title: Technical Surveyor
Location: London SW19
Salary: £25,000K to £ 35,000K Plus commission OTE £ 40K to £ 50K +
Reports To: Sales Manager
Hours: 40 hours a week
To pro-actively source sales opportunities, conduct on-site surveys, produce specification documents and follow sales through to post completion.
- Research sales opportunities and initiate marketing promotions to attract sales.
- Conduct 'onsite' surveys and produce comprehensive specification documents.
- Liaise with the office team regarding the administration of specifications.
- Ensure all information and equipment needed by engineers is made available - site plans, drawings, project minutes, specific information e.g. operational challenges, health and safety implications etc.
- Follow up specification documents which have not been accepted through telephone or email contact.
- Monitor job completion and follow up with customer when work completed.
- Participate in meetings with external and internal teams.
- Keep the office team updated of job progress and provide them with technical support when required.
- Consistently update own technical knowledge.
- Look after company vehicle according to specified standards.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
- The surveyor will be based from our SW19 office.
- Visiting premises, ranging from commercial sites to private homes.
- May be required to work away from home in the UK or oversees.
- Good interpersonal skills to liaise and sell to customers.
- Be able to demonstrate a logical approach to planning installations.
- Excellent organisational skills to follow through all sales leads to survey, installation and post completion.
- Must have knowledge of many of the latest CCTV, Access Control or Door Entry systems.
- Must understand the principles of electrics and basic electronic circuits to be able to recommend realistic installations of electronic security equipment.
- Must be PC literate.
- Experience of working with CCTV, access control and door entry systems.
- Experience of sales or marketing or excellent interpersonal skills gained in a customer-facing role.
- Holds a valid driving licence.
- Must pass a security vetting check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Use close vision.
- Required to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl.
- Occasionally work at heights using ladders and cherry picker vehicles and work within confined spaces.
- Will be required to drive for long distances.
- Occasionally required to work outside office hours as business needs dictate.
- May be required to stay overnight in hotel accommodation.
- Be prepared to work with minimum supervision.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Please click on the APPLY now button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of; Technical Surveyor, Technical Sales Coordinator, CCTV, Security System Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Field Sales, Senior Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Manager, Technical Sales Coordinator, Technical Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Business Development, Key Sales, Business Developer, Senior Sales Development, Account Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Technical Surveyor/Sales & Marketing Engineer- Security Systems
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly