Strategy / Policy Analyst
Strategy / Policy Analyst
London, Riverside House, SE1
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications sectors and we are globally respected for the work we do. Our aim is to make communications work for everyone.
The Strategy and Policy team is part of the SITE Group, which incorporates the Strategy and Policy, International, Technology and Chief Economist teams. The Group works closely with the four policy Groups in Ofcom (Competition Policy, Spectrum, Consumer Group as well as Content and Standards), providing specialist resources.
- Owning modules of strategic or policy projects, with responsibility for the delivery and project management of these modules and requiring you to work effectively with colleagues across the organisation from different disciplines and specialisms
- Undertaking research and analysis to improve Ofcom's understanding of stakeholder positions and market developments, or to inform specific policy proposals
- Communicating clearly and effectively, including the delivery of high quality reports for publication and verbal presentations to colleagues across Ofcom
- Participating in the debate of strategic and policy issues and generating ideas, providing creative thinking to address key strategic and policy issues, showing intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn about sector developments
- Attending external events and meetings with key stakeholders to improve Ofcom's understanding of stakeholder positions and market developments
- Strategic thinking, with experience in strategic and data driven analysis. Capable of applying analytical tools to reach clear, robust conclusions on complex issues
- Communication skills. You should be confident and articulate, able to communicate written arguments effectively to different audiences and have strong verbal and listening skills to ensure an active role in group discussion
- Effective at team work and collaboration across teams, including working successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity and genuine interest in our sectors, their future development, and the policies that are needed to deliver good consumer and business outcomes
- At a minimum, a degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- An appreciation of, and desire to promote, Ofcom's values of excellence, agility, empowerment and collaboration
- Experience in the media and communications industries
- Experience of developing business and financial models, or wider commercial understanding
- Training / experience in applying economics to real world problems
- Understanding of communications technologies and technology trends within the communications sectors
- Prior regulatory or policy experience
We actively support flexible working arrangements in all of our roles
Please note, the closing date for this role is the 22nd September 2017.
To apply for the role of Strategy / Policy Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Strategy Analyst, Policy Analyst, Strategy, Policy, TMT, Commercial, Analyst, Corporate Strategy, Broadcasting, Telecoms, Corporate Strategy Analyst, Policy Development Analyst, Analysis.