Home Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Manager to join the team based in Beckenham. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependant on skills and experience, if you’re also a Registered Nurse we’d love to hear from you!
In this role you will provide high quality homecare services that support the rights of customers to live the lives they choose as far as they are able. The registered manager is directly accountable to the owner and to the regulatory body for domiciliary care.
You will also efficiently manage the day to day running of the business, allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality homecare to customers within budget. You will also manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Responsibilities of our Registered Manager
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for infection prevention and control
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements
- Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
- Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support
- Make sure that prior to each service commencing, a customer assessment and risk assessment with the customer, and/or their chosen representatives, has been completed including what the customer needs and would like to achieve from their care and support
- Manage the effective recruitment, induction and training of the coordinator (s), supervisor (s), care workers and other support staff. Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best practice
- Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated appropriately to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
Skills needed to become our Registered Manager
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own. Strong commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
- Commitment to respecting the rights of customers at all times and to promoting their privacy, dignity and independence throughout their lives
- Must have S/NVQ L5 or equivalent, or be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
- If Registered nurse then salary is negotiable.
- Good understanding of the regulatory responsibilities of a Registered Manager and the law relating to domiciliary care services.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centred care and support and non-discriminatory care practice
- Excellent understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home and the provision of homecare services in line with best practice
- Full drivers licence with no more than 6 points and Class 1 business insurance
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Registered Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Registered Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly