Home Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for a Care Co-Ordinator to join the team based in Beckenham. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of 18k-22K dependant on skills and experience.
As our Care Co-Ordinator you will provide day to day operational leadership to the service. It is a practical post where the post holder is able to undertake a range of tasks including delivery of care, staff supervision, service planning and general administration. The post holder is part of the management team and may deputise in the absence of the General Manager.
Responsibilities of our Care Co-Ordinator
- Daily/weekly co-ordination of the rota to ensure cover for all scheduled visits. It is expected that the post holder will provide cover for any visits which they are not able to staff.
- Write and review person-centred, needs based care plans and risk assessments for new and current clients.
- Work at both client sites and in the office to deliver regular teaching, spot checks and supervision of staff.
- Provide personal care to clients when required.
- Assess client needs with regard to daily living such as bathing, dressing, speech and transferring.
- Liaise with the key stakeholders for clients to ensure that all needs are met and that any concerns are managed appropriately. It is expected that this would include liaison with relatives, health professionals, local authorities and primary care trusts.
- Managing a growing team of carers to ensure they consistently deliver high standard care through regular supervision, assessment and training.
- Manage the recruitment of new care staff from advertisement though to interview and recruitment checks/paperwork. This will include advertising, shortlisting, interviewing and processing of appropriate paperwork to ensure compliance with record keeping standards.
- Monitor and be responsible for ensuring staff compliance with mandatory and local training commitments.
- Maintain accurate training records that demonstrate compliance with national requirements.
- Carry out a regular programme of service reviews with service users to assess the quality of the service.
- Document and record all review details and client contacts in line with company policy.
- Handle and resolve any service user’s complaints quickly and effectively, escalating where necessary.
- Maintain a good general awareness of current clients and their situation to enable the service to be responsive and well tailored to their needs.
- Take part in the on-call rota providing out of hours cover to the service.
- Assist in the growth of the business, locally, through various marketing exercises in conjunction with the management team.
- Prepare and manage reports and liaise with the office assistant.
Skills needed to become our Care Co-Ordinator
- Level 3 Health & Social Care Qualification or equivalent (NVQ Level 5 or RGN status).
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Able to observe and record physical and social changes in patients.
- Able to manage a team of care staff and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Caring, empathetic, organised and proactive nature.
- A working knowledge of CQC rules and regulations.
- Previous experience managing care services, preferable in a domiciliary care setting.
- Understands and implements legislation and regulations relevant to user groups and a working knowledge of health and safety.
- Sound understanding of good care principles.
- Ability to work flexible hours e.g. Weekends/ Bank Holidays.
- Has respect for the different values/cultures and beliefs of the patient.
- Has own car and full driving licence.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Care Co-Ordinator then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Care Co-Ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly