Subject Leader - BTEC Assessment
Would you like a chance to help education have a lasting effect on children, individuals and communities around the world? Do you want to discover what you can really do?
We have an excellent opportunity to join our BTEC Assessment team in London as a Subject Leader.
As the Subject Leader you have end-to-end responsibility for delivering secure assessment materials (e.g question papers) and outcomes (e.g BTEC results) from Pearson to our customers that are of the highest quality and delivered on time, on budget and to the required standard. You will not have direct line management responsibility, but will manage teams of examiners.
What will I be doing?
- Acting as the Awarding Body officer throughout the production of assessment content for a set of subjects ensuring assessment content (eg question papers) is fit for purpose
- Maintaining good working practices to maximise accuracy, economy, efficiency and security, for example ensuring quality of marking is completed correctly and to deadline
- Understanding the implications of, and adhering to regulatory and internal procedures and obligations at all stages.
- Managing allocated assessment processes within their designated specification(s) from the PQS Vocational Qualifications portfolio.
- Communicating with examiners, teachers and Ofqual among others
- Creating, updating, monitoring and reporting management information
What are you looking for?
As well as the ability and experience to deliver secure assessment materials in Vocational Qualifications, you will have the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload and have some experience of managing remote teams.
What benefits do you offer?
We offer an impressive range of benefits including: competitive salary, holiday, private healthcare, generous employer subsidised pension, life assurance, flexible hours of work, interest free season ticket loan, Pearson save for shares scheme.
Where are you based?
We are on the doorstep of Covent Garden, and round the corner from Holborn tube, 190 High Holborn.
Education, qualification & training:
Degree or equivalent qualification/experience
- Experience of a customer facing role
- Experience of an administrative role
- Experience of assessment (desirable)
- IT literacy (intermediate)
Personal style & behaviour:
Highly motivated individual with personal drive and energy
Able to prioritise and manage own workload
Actively seeks information and is able to handle it appropriately
Pearson Leadership Profile
Leading Self / Leading Others:
- Always Learning
- Customer Focussed
- Strategic & visionary
- Relationship builder
- Makes it happen.
What does Pearson stand for?
Pearson is a global education company that enables people to make more of their lives through learning. We use our knowledge, passion and reach to tackle the big problems in education, with learners everywhere at the very heart of our work.
What does VQ Assessment stand for?
Our strength comes from our outstanding people. Our mission is to enable every learner to achieve the best they are capable of by carrying out our role in a professional and decent manner.
What are the next steps?
Click and apply for the role using the apply tab.