Operations Consulting Manager - Supply Chain (Government /Health)
About the role
Our Consulting practice is focussed on working in partnership with clients to deliver sustainable business change. We work with our clients to develop new ways of working; from end to end supply chain strategies to optimisation of discrete areas of the supply chain. Supply chain management will increasingly become a major service differentiator for our clients across a range of sectors.
As customers demand increased product personalisation at lower cost, so the supply chain will need to respond to address increased globalisation, expansion of customer channels, sustainability and increasing regulatory burden. In the post ERP world, the insight demanded of the future supply chain organisation will present significant opportunity for PwC.
You will be part of a highly skilled, specialist team within a wider group of Operations professionals. At the same time, you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas to take to our clients. Our highly motivated team have an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to major international clients and has ambitious growth plans for the next few years.
We are now recruiting for our Government and Healthcare industries team
Essential skills and experience
Government, Local authority or Health sector industry experience is required for this role. Manufacturing or FMCG experience will also be considered
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate experience in some or all of the following areas of Supply Chain Management:
- Sales and Operations planning (S&OP)
- Development of supply chain vision and strategy
- Inventory optimisation
- Logistics and distribution management
- New product introductions (NPI)
- Network and inventory modelling
- Process and organisation design
- Product lifecycle management (PLM)
- Supply Chain Technology
- 3pl & 4pl distribution models
- Value chain transformation (VCT)
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following skills/behaviours:
- Able to build and sustain trusted internal and external relationships
- Client focussed and commercially astute
- Project management
- Compliant with professional standards
- Lead a team and to work towards shared goals
- Adaptable and with an innovative approach to their work
- Can effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with different audiences
- Understanding of ERP systems and how they work
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Project and report writing skills are essential
The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level or equivalent. Further personal / industry qualifications such as ACA / CIMA, APICS / CILT or MBA are valued but not considered essential.
Previous Consulting experience and/or experience within the Public sector, FMCG or Manufacturing sectors will be highly desirable.
• Opportunity for working from home? Yes however mainly client based work
• Amount of time client based: 70% - 90%
• Opportunity for job sharing? No
• Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Yes - regularly
• Opportunity for flexible working? Yes
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here