Salary: GBPCompetitive + benefits
We're EE. And we're the future of digital. As the #1 brand in an innovative, dynamic industry, we're transforming the way our 32 million customers connect with the world around them, and with us. We pride ourselves on being a truly digital-first business - whether we're providing top notch technology or smarter smartphone deals, we recognise that as the UK's biggest, fastest network, we're being trusted to improve digital lives. So we need to make sure the EE experience is the very best it can be. And that means supporting brilliant people in a collaborative culture that puts customers first. Our Digital team is at the very heart of that. This talented bunch are shaping the way we bring the right products to the right people at every stage of the EE journey. It's their impact on the way we do business that's inspired us to invest in a brand new digital infrastructure. And it's why we want to invest in you.
We're looking for a Senior Engineer with the technical expertise and strategic vision to keep us ahead of the competition. You'll manage the continuous evolution of our key systems and champion the appropriate technology and framework choices that will define how we achieve outstanding customer service, satisfaction and commercial return. You'll be designing and developing software solutions acutely aligned to the business' objectives and be responsible for implementing these using both internal and external partners. We need someone fanatical about innovation and new technology who has the passion to get others excited and turn ideas into action.
What you'll do:
- Develop first class code as part of an Agile development team
- Work on one of the UK's busiest eCommerce websites in a fast paced and friendly environment
- Mentor junior developers, manage code reviews and ensure quality code delivery from other members of the team
- Progress or develop skills in Adobe Experience Manager Java component development
- Work closely with product owners and business stakeholders to create software that delivers real business value
- Help create standards for all technical input and assist in ensuring compliance
- Act as an internal consultant, offering strategic guidance and technical leadership as required
- Proactively champion existing and emerging technology wherever it can improve outputs.
- Have solid experience in Java development and be able to pickup new technology quickly
- Personable and able to both fit into the team and work alongside senior business stakeholders
- Be self starting and enthusiastic about new technology
- Care about crafting great quality code
You might even:
- Have an understanding of the telecoms industry
- Have experience working on business-critical, high availability systems
- Have past Devops experience
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- 25 days' holiday
- 75% discount on your personal EE mobile phone package
- 30% Friends and Family discount from day one (conditions apply)
- Other discounted products and services, as well as a range of other benefits
At EE, we're creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you're thinking about working for the UK's biggest and fastest network, why not follow our shiny new recruitment channels on Twitter , LinkedIn and Glassdoor . Packed with the latest jobs, company news and career stories it could be a great move.
- Digital-DevOps_VACANCY_Senior Engineer_GGS12_140617 v2.pdf (252.19 KB)