Property and Facilities Solutions Multi Skilled Engineers
We are now recruiting Property and Facilities Solutions Multi Skilled Engineers at various locations in South London .
Job reference number 78324
The starting salary for this role is from GBP26,703.37 per annum plus Outer London weighting allowance of GBP2,604.30 per annum plus overtime and standby-allowance.
37.5 hours per week Full time You will be based in South London covering SE and SW postcodes. The successful applicant will be required to join an out-of hours callout rota.
We are looking to offer Permanent contracts. Typical attendance will be 8am until 4pm Monday to Friday however, flexibility is essential.
What does Excellence look like in this role?
At this level the technician will be expected to have excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems, mechanical power and control wiring and test inspection of electrical installations. The Engineer will be expected to work on multiple FM systems with the majority of the work being electrical maintenance. The engineer will need a flexible approach to work and be willing to travel to different sites within a specified geographical area. A vehicle will be provided for required travel.
Who will this role work with to achieve excellence?
The engineer will report directly into the Field Service Manager and will work with customers on site, other engineers and sub-contractors on a daily basis.
What needs to be done in this role to achieve this?
- Maintenance of electrical systems on numerous commercial sites
- Expert fault finding and providing advice and guidance to customers in relation to doors, dock levelers and lift maintenance
- Supply knowledge in a range of technical situations, making personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve quality, cost and time objectives
- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- Liaise with customers' representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Make personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality and contractual objectives
- Act as a role model for safety, setting an example to colleagues and customers
What technical knowledge, skills and experience is required?
- Successful applicants must hold an Electrical certification such as the 17TH edition.
- BS7671 testing and inspection certification would also be desirable
- The role holder must have planned maintenance experience of electrical and mechanical systems
- Maintenance experience within electrical systems e.g. BEM's, Multi and Group Control lifts would be desirable
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
- Ideally you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified
- Applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence as this vacancy will involve travel within a specified geographical area.
- Experience of dealing with Customers in a commercial environment.
What behaviors and personal competence is needed?
- Acts as a role model for safety, setting positive examples to peers - Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes - Willing to share expertise and knowledge - Committed to personal development - Strives to deliver beyond expectations - Remains calm under pressure
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
For more information on Royal Mail Group and our Values please click on the link ( ).