Materials Planner / Production Assistant
Are you looking to join a company that prides itself on their quality of work? Do you have previous experience as a Materials Planner/Production Assistant? If so, then our client is looking for you! For over thirty years on, our client has remained true to their founding principles, combining the finest materials and traditional craftsmanship to create linens of exceptional quality and lasting beauty.
Due to their expanding customer base, our client is looking for someone like you to come and join their team as their next Materials Planner/Production Assistant at their location in Sussex.
Main purpose of the job:
Materials planning for fabrics to meet client project requirements and preparation of orders for manufacturing.
Monitor inventory levels against forecast and place orders to maintain adequate stock levels based on project requirements.
- Planning and monitoring of fabric requirements for each project
- Weekly checks updating stock levels.
- Calculation of fabric requirements for new orders including piping.
- Managing fabric stock levels alongside requirements for new projects
- Raising purchase orders for weekly ordering of fabrics from suppliers and following up on delivery timescales to meet client requirements.
- Attendance at weekly production meetings.
- Helping with database back ground data updates by adding new products etc.
- Working alongside the Production Supervisor to create documentation for manufacturing each order.
- Any other reasonable task required as need arises.
- Booking on orders for FedEx and UPS
Experience and Abilities
- Experience in stock management and manufacturing industry - ideally textiles or similar products
- Creative background
- Knowledge of computer programmes - Excel, Word, Power Point, Database
- Excellent maths knowledge
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise differing demands
- A Team player
- Salary £18-19.5k
- Company pension
- Westfield Medical
- Life Insurance
- Year end in November
- Christmas Bonus in December
So if you feel that you’re the ideal candidate to come and join our client as their next Materials Planner/Production Assistant then what are you waiting for? Send in your CV with covering letter listing your experience today by clicking the APPLY button below!
Apply for Materials Planner / Production Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly