Visiting Officer MEAR53814
Visiting Officer MEAR53814
Marlborough House, Extra Care Scheme, St Leonards on Sea
Salary £8 per hour care, £8.40 per hour weekend / £9 per hour for Office Hours
Mears Care Limited is part of the Mears Group (PLC) and are one of the UK's leading providers of home care and support delivering high quality care. We have over 180 branches nationwide, provide care for over 40,000 older and disabled people with 17,000 well trained and dedicated staff.
We're now looking for a Visiting Officer to provide a consistent, timely, high quality risk assessment and support plan for every Service User which meets the outcomes of the service user and complies with the legislation.
Working under the direction of the Branch Manager, you will:
- Monitor the service and supervise the work of the care team.
- Promote quality care and support to Service Users to enhance existing levels of functioning and quality of life, promoting independence.
- Monitor and review service delivery, carry out assessments to meet legislation and complete all appropriate paperwork for care and support planning and Service User files.
- Ensure Service Users' support plans, risk assessments and other necessary documentation are in place and reviewed at regular intervals, working within the requirements of the Care Standards Act, The Working Time Directive and the accompanying Regulations and Standards
- Ensure the provision of advice, guidance and support to the Company with regards to practical guidance on operations issues escalating matters where necessary.
- Advise the Manager or coordinator regularly of any changes to the support plan and any issues regarding staff or Service Users.
- Ensure confidentiality in relation to both Service Users and workers affairs.
The successful candidate will be:
- Open minded, flexible and adaptable to deal with a variety of situations as they arise.
- Passionate and driven to provide excellent operational support and guidance to the Company.
- Analytical and problem solving in their approach, exchanging ideas and working out potential solutions to a range of issues.
- Able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Able to demonstrate at least 2 years' experience of working in a ‘hands-on', operational role.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Able to manage changing demands and prioritise workloads in accordance with business needs.
- Ability to influence attitudes and opinions of others and gain agreement.
The role will be 40 Hours per week - 20 hours office & 20 Care work. 1 in 3 on-call (£25 per day weekday (5:30pm to 9am) and £35 per day weekend
In return for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary, company annual fun days, child care voucher scheme, flexible working patterns and access to the Mears Advantage money saving scheme and Mears Assist employee support hotline.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Visiting Officer MEAR53814
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly