Client Manager & Business Development
You will support the Major Projects Team to achieve targets and deliver great account management to existing and prospective clients.
The role incorporates the management of existing business relationships with the aim of maintaining current levels of sales as well as looking for new ways to maximise the growth and development of further business opportunities.
You will be expected to take a proactive approach to developing new sales and revenue generating opportunities, lead generation, gathering sales information and developing a network of client contacts that will add to the overall business development process of NEP, converting intelligence from marketing channels into future revenue streams.
- Account management of a defined list of NEP Major Projects client's; primary responsibility for defined industry sectors, although support and assistance across all market sectors will be expected as required;
- Establishing meetings with clients with a view to reviewing NEP Major Projects performance and identifying new business opportunities;
- New client, business and lead generation; take ownership of administration for lead generation, client management, quotation production and follow-up;
- Follow-up, discussion and negotiation with clients and prospects to secure new business by establishing meetings with clients; continue to forge new and ongoing relationships to build NEP performance and to identify new business opportunities;
- Adopt pro-active market and competitor research and analysis; disseminate information to appropriate areas of the business; advise the team and wider organisation about local, national and international factors affecting the services and pipeline of activities;
- Generate timely and accurate quotations in response to existing clients and new prospective enquiries; follow-up, discuss and negotiate with clients and prospects to secure new business for all business sectors, including but not limited to, entertainment and sport.
- Deliver weekly / monthly progress reports; drive meetings and update colleagues with timely and appropriate information;
- By working with NEP Group and NEP UK, help create, shape, develop and build on NEP Major Projects marketing strategy, in line with company objectives, helping to promote NEP Major Projects operating segments;
- Help, build, plan and obtain approval for NEP Major Projects annual marketing budget; liaise with the Finance department to ensure appropriate forecasting and take accountability for expenditure;
- Conceptualise and test new ideas to improve the conversion rate and commercial return from marketing channels, building strong and collaborative relationships to identify and aid the development of future strategies;
- Prepare, plan and project manage the publication of all publicity material to maximise brand promotion; identify and develop relationships with promotional and advertising partners to ensure that they deliver a consistent and agreed upon message;
- Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate the company message to our existing and prospective clients;
- Attendance on location is required as appropriate (for surveys, production meetings, rehearsal, transmission etc.) to liaise with the client and to represent NEP Major Projects;
- Attend trade shows, PR events and other sales related activities as required; attendance and contribution at regular internal operation and sales meetings is essential.
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong and confident communicator with positive interpersonal skills; team player; professional attitude;
- Prior sales experience within a connected / relevant industry with a proven track record of sales and client service; strong negotiator;
- Strong analytical and project management skills;
- Exceptional time management with the ability to prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Meticulous attention to detail; ability to work logically and systematically;
- Pro-active and self-motivated; ability to use initiative and remain calm under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written (report writing/responses to tender documents will form part of the role
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Good standard of education - bachelor's or master's degree required;
- Willingness to travel in the UK and globally, as required.
The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee.
The job description may be altered to reflect the business needs of the Company.
All applications are strictly confidential.
NEP provides the technology and know-how to enable clients to produce the worlds' biggest live and broadcast events around the globe. The company is the leading worldwide provider of outsourced production solutions offering technical services for remote production, studio production, video display, host broadcasting, post production, smart asset / media management, multi-screen delivery and end-to-end OTT solutions. NEP's team of more than 2,000 employees are driven by passion and a focus on technical innovation, and together they have supported productions in over 65 countries on all 7 continents. Headquartered in the United States, NEP has offices in the United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Finland, Switzerland, Belgium, the United Arab Emirates, and Australia.
This position will have access to sensitive information and, as such, must be managed with great integrity. Professional, unbiased and credible behaviours in this role are essential at all times.
Communication - the ability to speak and write so as to be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and style.
Teamwork - a sense of team can make a significant difference in whether you meet or fail your objectives. Team meetings are required to share information, tips, leads and successes are essential. Just as important is creating and maintaining the bond across the team.
Initiative - the willingness to move things forward by taking action without needing to be asked and without due escalation.
Resilience - the ability to cope with difficulty, negotiate obstacles, to optimise performance in the face of adversity. Take rejection as a personal challenge to succeed with the next client and turn a loss into a development opportunity.
Organising Work - the ability to marshal and manage resources (people, funding, materials and support) to achieve a task. Able to manage own time efficiently and to handle multiple activities in parallel to accomplish the goals. Be conscientious and take great pride in your work.
Inquisitive - the ability to ask appropriate questions and understand the implications.
Analysis - the ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
Interpersonal Sensitivity - the ability to recognise clearly and accurately others' points of view, feelings and needs and the willingness to take these into account.
Integrity - the willingness to adhere to social, ethical, professional and organisational standards. Be respectful and listen to others.
Achievement Orientation - the determination to set oneself and meet high standards, exceeding norms and expectations.
Judgement - the ability to be rational, objective and unbiased when making decisions or taking action.
Visionary - the ability to demonstrate personal commitment to Company goals in an energetic way so as to motivate others and create an environment where the core values are realised.
CLOSING DATE: 4 October 2017
Apply for Client Manager & Business Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly