GMO Control Tester
Job Title: Control Tester (AVP)
Global Markets Operations is the engine responsible for ensuring the execution and servicing of all Investment Bank products and services. Our core objective is to deliver service excellence by executing our processes in the safest and most efficient way, leveraging automation and 'Lean' approaches to achieve this.
The environment in which we operate is continually changing. GMO plays a key role in driving market initiatives and regulatory changes and, by ensuring we are ahead of competitors on these initiatives, continually helps to drive down costs and increase revenue.
The primary purpose of the role is to execute testing to determine the RCSA validity and design and operating effectiveness of key controls in accordance with internal policy and standards across GMO.
Acting as the London Control Testing Lead, responsibilities in addition to testing will include:
• Supporting management in the scoping of business areas to test.
• Local support and escalation point of an analyst Control Tester in London.
• Ownership and accountability of London CT Team targets.
• Point person for RCO and line management for London testing queries and concerns.
As part of testing, the candidate will work with Risk & Control Officers, Operations Leads and SMEs to execute the following:
• Process Walkthroughs / RCSA Validation
• Design & Operating Effectiveness Testing
• Quality Assurance to ensure consistent delivery of testing in the region
• Timely and accurate documented testing results
• Demonstrable testing skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of different testing practices and tools
• Proven track record of successful delivery in complex environments
• Proven financial services experience with comprehensive knowledge of a complex Operations environments, specifically:
?? Front to Back Operational Processes
?? Operational Risk
?? Risk and Control Functions
• Highly proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience with Testing Tools (SOX, Audit etc) preferable
• Testing Qualification
• Risk and Control Qualification
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.