Streets & Parks Operative / Skilled Groundsperson
Job Title: Streets & Parks Operative / Skilled Groundsperson
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 7am to 3:30pm - 40 hrs week
Closing date: 4th October 2017
The company's employees are the people that make the world go round. They make sure that the cities, towns and villages that you live in are safe, clean and warm. They keep things running smoothly for people today, and for our kids tomorrow. It may not always be glamorous, but their work really matters.
The company's now looking for a Streets and Parks Operative to support the provision of well cleansed streets and high quality parks and open spaces within Watford and to help support the implementation of the Local Authorities Green Spaces Strategy.
- To undertake grounds maintenance to a high standard in all areas of the service, including, but not limited to, cleansing, grass cutting, maintaining shrub and annual bedding, herbaceous beds, hedge lines, trees, sports areas including cricket pitches, bowls greens, tennis courts and croquet lawns, spraying, cemetery and grave works.
- To ensure machinery, plant, equipment and vehicles are clean, properly maintained and operated in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To undertake maintenance, repairs and improvements to facilities, plant and equipment, where appropriate.
- To support the application for external validation of the service through the Green Flag Award Scheme and other awards, where appropriate.
- To ensure buildings, depots and premises are safe, secure and clean, reporting any problems or issues, where appropriate, undertaking basic maintenance and decorating tasks.
- To undertake inspections, reporting problems and resolving them where appropriate.
- To undertake football pitch and other sports surface inspections and maintenance prior to use by the public.
- To ensure stock, plant and equipment are used effectively and efficiently to maximise the efficient use of its resources.
- Experience of working within an operational grounds maintenance environment including knowledge of the use of plant, equipment and tools.
- Knowledge and experience of horticulture techniques including hedge cutting, flower beds, shrub maintenance, sports pitch preparation, grass cutting.
- Experience of the safe use of pesticides. Qualifications PA1 and PA6 is essential, PA2 desirable.
- Experience of operating and undertaking basic maintenance of machinery, including hedge cutters, strimmers, tractors, mowing machines.
- Experience and understanding of health and safety requirements relevant to Parks & Open Spaces and use of correct personal protective equipment.
- A full driving licence (valid and recognised within the UK) is essential except in exceptional circumstances.
The company is an equal opportunities employer. Job titles and job content are presented without bias either of gender, race or disability and that nothing in either words or illustrations indicate any role stereotyping.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Gardener, Commercial Gardener, Landscaping, Garden design, Garden Maintenance, Landscaper, Parks Operative, Tree Surgeon, Groundskeeper, Caretaker, Groundsman, Groundsperson, Street Operative, Groundswoman, Grounds Keeper may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Streets & Parks Operative / Skilled Groundsperson
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly