Senior Supplier QA Engineer
Position: Senior Supplier QA Engineer
Location: Salfords, Surrey
Salary: £45,000 - £47,000 (Dependent on Experience)
The Senior Supplier QA Engineer Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced QA Engineer. You will be responsible for ensuring supplier quality and compliance.
The successful candidate will be expected to drive supplier performance excellence, zero defects, reducing variation, waste and risk reductions.
You will also be accountable for ensuring Supplier Quality Engineering maintains effective collaboration, communication and alignment with suppliers, procurement, manufacturing engineering, design engineering and quality assurance throughout the product life cycle.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Supplier QA Engineer:
- Ensure advanced product quality planning compliance throughout the product maturity cycle
- Ensure robustness of new product introduction with suppliers, ensuring advanced quality planning tools are deployed and used
- Develop and maintain a Supplier Audit Schedule based on supplier risk, scope of supply, performance, business criticality and compliance to QMS
- Perform supplier audits with concise reporting, clear development actions and timescales
- Evaluate supplier capability and quality management system assessments and recommend improvement actions to address gaps
- Manage supplier performance data and metrics and champion improvement initiatives (i.e. zero defects, process improvement, risk reduction)
- Manage and maintain supplier ratings, monitor and report monthly performance and recommend actions to reward top performing suppliers and identify, improve or remove poor performing suppliers
- Develop risk mitigation plans for poor performing suppliers
- Monitor ASL and SQE supplier assignments to ensure sufficient coverage across supply base
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain to ensure supplier quality is maintained in respect to the Engineering Change Order process outputs
- Effective cross-functional collaboration to achieve supplier performance target
- Lead, manage cross functional teams to resolve complex supplier quality problems which may have significant impact on the business i.e. product recalls, production downtime, safety and regulatory issues
Skills & Experience Required:
- Exceptional problem solving/avoidance capability
- 3-5 years' experience as a Quality Engineer or Supplier Quality Engineer in an Engineering Environment (preferably automotive or aerospace)
- Experience with New Product Introduction responsibilities desirable
- Experience with ISO 9001, AS9100 and ISO14001 standards
- Trained Auditor to ISO9000/AS9100
- Clean Driving Licence
- Lean and or Six Sigma experience
- Degree or equivalent in a quality, technical or engineering discipline
- Recognised qualification in quality management
Our client designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Their products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband.
Their security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities. As the world's leading security screening provider, they provide state-of-the-art products, solutions and services to meet customers' most demanding threat detection needs.
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Senior Supplier QA Engineer position, simply apply via the button shown.
Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: Supplier, QA Engineer, Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Product, Planning, Audit, Automotive, Aerospace, Production, Salfords, Reigate, Surrey
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Apply for Senior Supplier QA Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly