2nd /3rd Line Support Engineer / Engineer / Technical Engineer
Job Title: 2nd /3rd Line Support Engineer
Our Client is a market leader in providing Cloud Computing and Virtualisation - Founded in 2008, they offer a variety of packages that suite Small to Medium size businesses, providing a cost-effective and scalable solution; whilst facilitating complete client control and transparency.
They are currently looking for a 2nd /3rd Line Support Engineer to join their IT company based on the South Cost in Shoreham-by-Sea.
Reporting to the Director, the 2nd / 3rd line Support Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of Customer Support and Helpdesk, and will ensure successful delivery of their support and maintenance services along with their professional and managed service offerings.
You will take control of the migrations and see these through from start to finish with the help of the team
You will need strong experience in a current or previous role and have a passion for infrastructure. You will have worked with the MS Software Stack supporting Windows Server, Exchange 2013/)365 and Active Directory/Azure.
You must have strong/advanced skills allowing you to administer AND troubleshoot in the following areas:
- Windows Server 2008 to 2012R2 (both setup and maintenance)
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Windows Deployment Services
- Office 365 administration and migration
- Microsoft Azure
- General hardware and networking knowledge
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Firewalls, Routers and switches
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working for an MSP would be a distinct advantage.
- Any IT Security experience and certification is hugely advantageous
- Any Microsoft / Cisco or similar certificates hugely advantageous.
- Any Mac / Windows cross platform integration experience a plus.
- Heavily involved in the day-to-day Support and managing of the Support Desk and IT Support requirements
- Provide second and third level support to high calibre customers and personnel
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets
- Delivering migration and being a key person to complete the migrations
- Successfully delivers customer service offerings including support (Helpdesk Support), maintenance, professional and managed services
- Working on Service Desk processes, priorities, efficiency, enhancements, integrations and productivity including change advisory board management
- Acts as a central point of communication within the organisation which will include liaising with Support Teams, Outsourced Support Vendors, Freelancers, Customers
- Maintains an environment of collaboration and continuous improvement, focusing on quality, customer satisfaction and process development
- MS SQL
- VMware and Hyper V
- Microsoft Certified Engineer or MCSE
- ITIL certification would be ideal
- Minimum 4 years' work experience within the IT industry
- Strong technical skills
- Proven experience in managing customer interaction and vendor resources
- Experience managing third party providers and monitoring SLA's against the services they provide
- Track record of defining Service Desk processes
- Track record of developing Autotask PSA
- Experience in customer and customer's expectations management
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and work groups
- Ability to keep management informed of real or potential problem areas and to provide resolution options
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Service Desk and Desktop End User Services
- Microsoft, and Project Management certifications are preferred
- Strong Support Skills in Office 365, Cloud/Hosted Technology, VMware, Networks and Servers strongly preferred
- Understanding and Support skill of IT Security and Cyber Security would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills in English
- Impeccable attention to detail, quantitative aptitude and analytical skills
Key Application Skills:
- Autotask PSA
- Autotask Remote Monitoring management
- Office 365
- Intronis Security Suite (Barracuda)
- BitDefender Gravity Zone
- Censornet Web Filtering
Please click the APPLY now button to send your CV and Cover Letter along with your salary expectations and availability for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support Technician, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 2nd Line Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, IT Trainer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Software Engineer, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, IT Systems Support will be considered for this role
Apply for 2nd /3rd Line Support Engineer / Engineer / Technical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly