Administration Apprenticeship London
Main function of job
Supporting the operational and administrative functioning of a Practice Group / Practice Area whilst learning and developing the key skills and experience required.
- Capture and completion of client, party and matter details in the relevant system.
- Coordinate information from Fee Earners to resolve conflict of interest scenarios.
- Liaison with AML and Compliance Teams to verify changes to controlled data.
- Opening of new clients on databases.
- Opening cases on relevant case management systems.
- Assisting in the provision / maintenance of management information.
- File management - archiving, house keeping of files & closure, both hard copy and using various systems.
- To maintain the library and information sheets.
- Photocopying and scanning documents.
- Dealing with incoming/ outgoing post.
- Maintain court diaries.
- General administrative tasks including, photocopying and ensuring correct changes are applied, general maintenance as and when required.
- Work with agreed method and case management tools.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
a. Responsible to: Secretarial & Administrative Manager.
b. Liaison with: Designated Fee Earner(s) / Legal Adviser(s), all employees, external clients and service providers.
A minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English. Expecting / obtained a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above.
- Basic to intermediate IT and keyboard skills with knowledge of Word, Excel and database programmes.
- Knowledge of relevant document and case management systems.
- Excellent administration / organisational skills.
- Ability to work to set deadlines and service levels.
- A good team spirit with proven team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, we hope that the majority of apprentices will apply for a permanent position in the firm (subject to business need).
We are one of Europe's most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious school/college leavers or people looking for a new career in the legal sector. You will gain valuable legal experience at one of the UK's largest legal businesses, work towards a nationally recognised qualification, and get paid at the same time.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Caitlin Horsfield on .
No agency CVs will be accepted unless formally instructed on this specific role by the Recruitment Team.
Policies and procedures
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.