Senior Risk Analyst - Retail Modelling
- A Senior Risk Analyst in our London office
- Salary from GBP34,960 to GBP50,457 a year, plus London Allowance and benefits on a full-time permanent contract
Closing date of 07/10/2017
The expanding role of modelling in risk management has led Nationwide to invest in their Retail Credit Risk modelling capability, demonstrating the value it places on advances in this area.
As part of this investment, a fantastic opportunity has become available, as we are seeking a Senior Risk Analyst to join the Retail Modelling team, operating from our Swindon office. We are looking for a motivated individual who embraces challenges and has a desire to learn in a supportive environment.
As a Senior Risk Analyst, you will play a leading role in the design, development and maintenance of Retail Credit Risk IRB models. The role will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to be involved in detailed analysis of complex problems, to provide recommendations and solutions which deliver real business benefit.
Who we're looking for
Demonstrate a genuine desire and aptitude to develop a career with a leading financial services player, and a desire to be a key part of shaping a successful team. Have a passion for researching new ways to solve complex problems that deliver valuable insight and real business benefit;
For this role, as a minimum you'll need to:
- Have a strong quantitative degree e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics or a related subject;
- Have experience in statistical model development using SAS (preferably including SAS Guide / SAS EM);
- Demonstrate experience in risk modelling, with an ability to apply different modelling techniques;
- Have a good understanding of risk management practices such as credit scoring and how it is used to manage credit risk;
- Have experience in working with data, generating insight and providing recommendations;
- Be a highly motivated and industrious individual capable of working on a combination of different activities;
- Have good written, verbal and influencing skills;
It would be nice if you had
- An awareness and understanding of retail IRB risk modelling;
What you'll be doing
Under the guidance of a Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery and maintenance of Retail Credit Risk IRB models. The role will involve communicating the performance of models to the wider business, working with stakeholders to ensure that models are effectively implemented, as well as working closely with model reviewers including internal oversight, audit and regulators to ensure model development processes are robust and effective.