Pensions Professional Support Lawyer (PSL) - Brighton
People are living longer, they need to save more for later life.
With major reforms to the pensions system underway, our client is contributing to making these changes a success.
You can play a part in influencing the retirement of future generations by providing legal professional support and knowledge management to an organisation that is making headlines.
Lots of companies say that people are their most important asset. My client don't just talk about it, they support our people to reach their full potential.
They embrace diversity and inclusion within the wider community, and have a Women's Network and an LGBT+ Network, both of which offer supportive spaces to connect.
The benefits of working with them include a good work-life balance, flexibility in supporting your life priorities such as caring responsibilities , job share arrangements and part-time hours.
You will get to do the work you enjoy and go home knowing you have made a positive difference. You will also receive a competitive basic salary and a pension recognised as one of the best. There is also a generous holiday allowance and a discretionary bonus.
With support from paralegals you will:
* manage and develop the ongoing provision of a searchable legal know-how system of items relevant to the operation
* manage contributions from the legal team
* cover areas of law relevant to defined benefit, automatic enrolment and defined contribution regulation
* design and co-ordinate general pensions law training for all staff
* design and co-ordinate legal training to the legal team
* produce regular summary legal updates for relevant staff
You will play a key role within a dynamic and truly specialist legal team. We're proud to have recruited experts from leading private practice firms, the public sector and pensions organisations. They provide advice based on particular knowledge within pensions law, litigation law and public law.
Your skills and experience
You should be a great communicator, possess good problem-solving and analytical skills, and be able to prioritise and use your initiative. You will have:
* Proven PSL experience as a qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales.
* Awareness of Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information and public law principles
* Awareness of principles of litigation, including privilege
* Awareness of the key requirements of pensions legislation
* Experience within any two of the below as a minimum
o Public law
o Litigation experience
o Pensions law
To apply - Please apply as directed .
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion contact David Holden at Search Consultancy on or email
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.