Apprentice Buying Assistant
Working as part of the Commercial team, you will support the Senior Buyer in ensuring our cross functional category achieves its objectives. You will liaise with stake holders and provide effective and accurate administration of product information, promotion lines, suppliers and stock. You will also produce information for circulation to our stores.
Your day to day role and responsibilities will include;
- Set up all new lines; provide relevant new line information to category Replenishment coordinator; and where applicable, ensure bar codes are scanned.
- Accurately implement costs and retail price amendments within the agreed timescales; reconcile all cost changes within the margin report to ensure consistency.
- Produce and coordinate the necessary administration for product recalls, as and when required.
- Liaise with supply chain team, supporting implementing category buying decisions on stock levels and clearances.
- Liaise with suppliers for samples; coordinate product samples and ensure approval from quality assurance and design.
- Liaise with merchandising teams to ensure all planogram changes are communicated to stores and relevant parties, in a clear and timely manner.
- Produce communication for circulation to stores. Liaise with the relevant senior buyer and store operations for authorisation and sign off for all store communications.
- Accurately upload all promotions onto the system, within agreed timescales.
- Track "other income" by promotion according to the supplier promotional proposal forms
- Liaise with marketing and suppliers to review/check and amend POS materials to agreed criteria.
- Liaise with suppliers, logistics, merchandising, stores, design and technical services for new line or supplier set up, as and when required.
- Retrieve and produce data for sales meetings.
- Liaise with internal and external customers to resolve issues; escalate where required.
- Continually seek to identify opportunities to develop administration systems, processes and/or procedures that drive operational efficiencies.
- Ensure all documentation is appropriately filed to enable both swift retrieval of information and to meet audit requirements.
- Produce electronic POS data, as and when required.
The role is based in our new Head Office building in Croydon, 5 minutes' walk from East Croydon station.
You will work through a programme of learning with the support of the team and your assessor over a 12 month period, all done on site so no college days. You will get exposure to the workings of a thriving head office and be a crucial part of the commercial team, ensuring all administrative tasks are carried out to a high standard.
On completion you will have;
- A Business Admin Level 2 qualification
- Increased confidence communicating with people at all levels
- Improved knowledge of the workings of a busy commercial buying department
- A professional approach and the ability to stay calm under pressure
Superdrug have some great benefits, during your Apprenticeship you'll also receive a staff discount and loyalty card that gives you up to 30% off products and services in store and also includes a loyalty points scheme. This is as well as online access to discounts and cash back with other retailers, all subsidised by Superdrug. As an Apprentice, you can also apply for an Apprenticeship NUS card, which gives 10% discounts at participating outlets!Person Specification:
You should apply for this role if you???
- Are confident working with people
- Enthusiastic, committed and show passion for the company and customer
- Are highly organised with an excellent attention to detail
- Have a good level of IT knowledge to include Excel and Word
- Have a strong work ethic and flexible approach
- Have the ability to work within a close team and to deadlines
- Are dedicated to achieving your qualification
You qualify if...
- You have a minimum of Grade C GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language, Maths and ICT
- You are NOT currently at college or 6th form and are available for full time hours
- You HAVEN'T completed a Business Admin apprenticeship before
- You DON'T already have a degree or completed a year or more at University
- You are eligible to work in the UK