We have a new exciting opportunity not to be missed! At Plumpton College we are currently looking to recruit a Curriculum Manager in Veterinary Nursing and Dog Grooming and come and join our team. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours a week and will receive a competitive salary of £35,654 - £40,171 per annum.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing team. Veterinary Nursing and Dog Grooming is an established and successful division within the college working with over one hundred local veterinary practices to deliver apprenticeship, FE and HE programmes of study.
We are looking to recruit a Curriculum Manager in Veterinary Nursing and Dog Grooming who will adopt innovative approaches to developing our curriculum and enhancing our students' experience through outstanding leadership and industry liaison. This role combines operational management, teaching (up to level 5) and leading a team to ensure the delivery of the best possible experience to students through consistently good and outstanding teaching standards and services.
Key responsibilities of our Curriculum Manager
- Manage the portfolio of veterinary nursing training practices applicable to curriculum activity
- Ensure effective networks are in place to satisfy the requirement for appropriate, course-related student work placements and manage the portfolio of training practices applicable to curriculum activity
- Act as custodian for the Veterinary Nursing and Dog Grooming facilities ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met in full and that a cycle of planned fire warden inspections is undertaken by a designated member of staff. Liaise with the Estates Manager and Safety Team, where appropriate, to ensure that the facilities are suitable for use at all times
- Implement a robust system of security, welfare and control for all animals onsite in connection with curricular activities
- Lead and develop the provision for dog grooming, ensuring suitable measures are in place for the control of dogs
- Provide line management and mentoring (with support from the Head of Faculty and HR Manager) to staff in accordance with the curriculum structure. Ensure that all aspects of responsibilities covering Programme Manager roles and quality systems are adhered to at all times. Maintain and develop this structure through effective induction, monitoring, appraisal and performance management of all staff
- Plan, deliver, monitor and assess all curriculum activity within agreed frameworks and targets and in line with college policies. As a minimum, this will include the curriculum self-assessment report, operating plan, and quality improvement plan
- Manage the delegated budgets against agreed income and expenditure targets. Adhere to the college Financial Regulations at all times with support from the Finance Team
What we're looking for in our Curriculum Manager
Successful candidates should have a degree in Veterinary Nursing, science or related discipline and demonstrable experience of managing successful curriculum provision with a post 16 environment. An experienced RVN, well-versed with industry standards, the ideal candidate will have worked with external partners and Professional Statutory Regulatory Bodies. Previous experience of successfully managing curriculum to achieve high outcomes for students and other stakeholders would be of value.
What you can be offered as our Curriculum Manager
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Teachers' pension scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking.
If you'd like to join our team as our new Curriculum Manager in Veterinary Nursing and Dog Grooming then please click ‘apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 19th September 2017 at 9.00 am
Interviews will be held: Monday 25 September 2017