We have an opportunity for an Instructor/Technician in Arboriculture (Bank) to join the team based at our Brinsbury campus on a variable hours basis. The successful candidate will receive an hourly rate of £10.85 per hour.
From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College will change its name to Crawley College. It will also merge with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Instructor/Technician in Arboriculture (Bank) you will primarily assist with the teaching and assessment within Arboriculture although you may be required to perform duties throughout our horticulture and agriculture courses.
There are no guaranteed minimum hours of work for this post.
Key Responsibilities as our Instructor/Technician in Arboriculture (Bank);
- Undertake administration related to course requirements and provide reports and statistics as required.
- Participate in marketing activities and promote the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment.
- Liaise with Additional Support in specific cases to ensure students get appropriate support.
- Participate in curriculum area, College, employer/parent functions, reviews, meetings and promotional activities, as required.
- Organise daily activities within the learning environment, including the preparation and maintainance of resources, services and housekeeping.
- Provide assistance to individuals or groups of students within the learning environment.
- Implement and maintain the regulations of the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health legislation, including the reviews of health and safety policies and procedures in the workplace and undertake risk assessments.
- Participate in course review activities and the generation and implementation of new resources and action plans.
- Monitor and maintain equipment and prepare replacement plans.
- Order and stock take materials and equipment and provide feedback to suppliers as appropriate.
- Clean and maintain working spaces, develop a working environment and provide technical support and assistance for projects.
- Distribution and collection of tools as required on a daily basis.
- Maintain and update asset registration.
- To assist with PAT testing, as required.
Skills & Experience required of our Instructor/Technician in Arboriculture (Bank):
- Ability to work flexibly and methodically is essential
- A teaching qualification is desirable
- Level 2 Qualification in the relevant subject area
- Time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Competency in using the relevant tools/equipment
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 21 September 2017
Interviews for this post are provisionally scheduled to take place on 5 October 2017
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Instructor/Technician in Arboriculture (Bank) then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.