Head Chef- B & I Unit- Worthing- up to £25k
Servest are recruiting for a Head Chef based in a busy staff restaurant in the Worthing area. The site is open Monday to Friday with a breakfast, lunch, afternoon and hospitality service.
As Head Chef you will be overseeing a small team in the kitchen, cooking daily, producing food that follows our standards well as creating your own dishes for daily specials. Your main working hours will be Monday to Friday around 7am-330/4pm- however flexibility will be needed during peak business with some shifts covering evenings.
Servest Group specialises in Multi Service offerings to our clients; covering Catering, Cleaning, Security, Building Services, Pest Control and Facilities Management options. We employ 19,000 employees across 7,000 sites, with our continued success and new acquisitions this figure is on the increase.
Outline of the role
Day to day the role involves you cooking to quality standards with fresh seasonal ingredients, managing a kitchen team of up to 5 and assisting the Chef Manager making sure the unit runs smoothly. The unit has around 500 onsite with a strong take up the catering facility (around 200 covers per day), we offer healthy choice menus, using fresh seasonal ingredients and our quality homebakes add to the offering . As the Head Chef you will report into the Chef Manager but you will run the back of house operation. This is an ideal opportunity for a Sous Chef or Head Chef looking for a step into a large site with management training available. Servest pride ourselves on delivering a diverse range of fresh foods whilst adding value to the food offering.
We are looking for Head Chef with the following;
* A background as a Sous Chef/Head Chef or Chef Manager ideally within Business and Industry Catering with 400+ onsite or experience in a volume lead bistro style operation using fresh quality ingredients and fantastic food presentation skills.
* Experience in managing a team of at least 3 - ideally across different shift patterns
* Ideally experience in a unit which has a high profile restaurant including theater style service - a passion for food and creating chef specials and adding to the in house menu- overseeing food quality and daily cooking.
* Quality cooking standards whilst being conscious of the set budgets- 706 1 & 2 or equivalent needed * The ability to lead by example and build a team * Superb customer service skills
* Financial awareness with the ability to manage budgetary lines
We are offering a competitive salary 20 days holiday plus bank holidays,Free parking, uniform provided, Auto enrolment pension, company training and the chance of internal progression.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisations that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. That`s why we offer a competitive salary and additional benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please click apply now To find out more about us please www.servest.co.uk
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
Apply for Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly