Locum Social Worker - Looked After Children
Charles Hunter Associates is currently seeking an experienced Qualified Advanced Practitioner to join Waltham Forest Council's Corporate Parenting Service on a rolling locum basis.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
The Corporate Parenting Service pulls together the case work and the provision to focus on permanence for every Looked After Child. Social work units, called Practice Support Groups (PSG), will be 0 - 25 years, reducing the transfers and handovers that children and their families hate. The focus on a systemic approach, with relationship based social work at its heart, supports social workers and promotes reflective practice.
Why choose Charles Hunter Associates?
- Your own dedicated consultant with specialist market and sector knowledge
- Access to the widest variety of social work jobs across 180 authorities and private organisations throughout the UK
- Prompt and reliable payroll which runs weekly
- Free access to our online social work training portal with CPD materials - worth GBP500 a year
- Competitive Pay rate from GBP31 per hour
- Free DBS and compliance service
- GBP250 referral fee if you refer a friend or colleague looking for work
You must have:
- Minimum 3 year's post qualifying experience
- Demonstrable experience with children and families
- HCPC registered
- Enhanced DBS, with list checks
This is a brilliant opportunity to advance your career with a team that offers a friendly and supportive environment with professional development opportunities
If you wish apply or would like a detailed Job Description, please contact Helen Rudd on or . Alternatively, you can apply through the website.