Sofitel London Gatwick is an award-winning airport hotel that combines comfort with a convenient location next to the UK's second largest airport.
Connected to North Terminal via a covered walkway and all other South Terminal is a 2 minute mono-rail journey away. Central London is just 30 minutes away, making the Sofitel London Gatwick ideally positioned for business and leisure.
The restaurants and bars showcase fresh international flavours from an all day dining concept, up-scale bars to the 2 AA Rosette English restaurant, La Brassiere.
With 518 guest rooms, 11 meeting rooms, cutting edge technology this luxurious London Gatwick Airport hotel can comfortably host meetings, conferences and events for up to 300 guests.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Reception Porter to join the growing team.
Do you want to be a part of a great company?
When it comes to customer service, creating a truly welcoming environment and combining this with superb facilities for our guests whether travelling on business or leisure, Arora Hotels really do stand out from the crowd.
The Concierge department is responsible for the welcome and farewell of all guests and visitors to the hotel. As the Reception Porter , you will deal with arrivals, departures luggage handling, guest requests i.e. taxi services, local transportation and attractions etc. The delivery of outstanding customer service to all guests is paramount to every task they complete.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Reception Porter
- Outstanding customer care at all times
- Welcoming guests as they arrive at the hotel entrance
- Luggage handling from vehicle to hotel and vice versa
- Managing the hotel entrance area to include its cleanliness and appearance
- Ensure all customer queries or requests are handled in a polite, efficient and courteous manner
- Maintaining all equipment and work areas, including key and cash security
- Maintain a high level of hotel and product knowledge at all times
- This role involves being outside of the property in all weathers and conditions
Skills & Experience required by the Reception Porter
- Previous high volume hotel experience is preferable
- Previous customer service experience is essential
- A capability and commitment to delivering high levels of customer care
- You must have a clean driving license and must be aged over 21 in order to comply with insurance
- A smart and professional appearance
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience of working as part of a winning team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Physical fitness
- A willingness to work outdoors in all weathers
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Reception Porter , please click apply now. We'd love to hear from you!