Garment Technologist - Sportswear Brand
Due to growth, this rapidly expanding online sportswear retailer is seeking an experienced Garment Technologist. The company has grown from a small specialist e-commerce retailer into a sportswear company providing ranges for men, women and children, and are currently implementing plans for growth both nationally and internationally.
You will be responsible for ensuring the perfect fabric, fit and quality of all menswear, womenswear and kidswear sports apparel.
Working closely with the Designer, Product Developer and Production Manager, and reporting to the Managing Director, the role will include:-
- ensuring the tech pack is accurate and up-to-date throughout the sealing process
- running fit sessions and working closely with suppliers to ensure necessary amendments understood
- creating and grading detailed size specs, and resolving fit issues with suppliers
- ensuring suppliers understand quality standards, working with them to resolve issues
- responsibility for testing base fabrics, prints and garments, arranging wash tests & wearer trials
- developing new blocks as necessary
- keeping up-to-date with developments and innovation within the marketplace
The ideal candidate would have:-
- Experience of working in a similar role with sportswear
- Understanding of performance fabrics and sportswear construction methods
- Experience of fitting garments and understanding of pattern cutting
- Strong pattern cutting and grading knowledge
- An affinity for teamworking and collaborating with colleagues
- Problem-solving abilities - flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
As part of a close-knit hardworking team, this is a great opportunity for a candidate who is ambitious and passionate about product to play an integral part in the ongoing success of this young brand. The role offers huge potential for growth; salary is negotiable dependent on experience.