Head of Cloud Strategy & Business Development UK
We want to recruit the best people for our business. This sounds simple but in a changing business landscape we need to continually review what talent and capability we need and then how we attract and engage it.
Our industry is exciting and there is no status quo; our customers are becoming more and more digital and need different and innovative new solutions and expect more and more from us. This means we need to evolve and to stay ahead of the market and of the major trends like Cyber Security, Big Data or the Internet of Things
Purpose of the Function
Overall responsibility for establishment and implementation of an Enterprise Cloud Services Strategy that enables T-Systems UK to offer the UK Enterprise Market competitive and differentiated offerings that meet the needs of customers.
- Develop an end-to-end Cloud Services Strategy for the T-Systems UK Business, enabling T-Systems to offer comprehensive Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud services for the UK Enterprise Market, drawing on the best of the internal portfolio, delivery capability and external partner services to offer best-in-class Enterprise Cloud Solutions.
- Implementation of a 1, 3 and 5 year strategic plan to enable T-Systems in the UK to offer Private, Public and Hybrid cloud solutions based on internal portfolio and partner services, delivering exceptional value and flexibility as well as the necessary customer business outcomes
Provide Technology Leadership across the UK Business Unit and become a point of excellence for Cloud within T-Systems, supporting Engineering, Operations and Sales staff to understand and support the wider Cloud Strategy.
- Responsible for communication of a Cloud strategy across the UK Business Unit and championing its adoption and implementation across all Divisions.
- Responsible for the continual development of Sales & Delivery capability to grow T-Systems Cloud business in the UK Market.
- Act as a Cloud Evangelist, pushing the T-Systems brand and its Capabilities into the UK market space, to include speaking at Industry Events, executive level presentations on strategy, technology and business adoption and thought leadership on the advancement of Enterprise Cloud Services.
Act as a Cloud Customer Advocate within T-Systems Ltd, and act as an executive sponsor and relationship holder with client C-level executives for Cloud Opportunities.
- Manage executive relationships with contract owning CI/E/O/O stakeholders, ensuring customer confidence, clear communication and understanding and demonstrable control of Cloud Services from T-Systems and supporting them, in developing their strategy and adopting T-Systems services.
- Assist Client Executives with Strategic direction and adoption of Cloud, advocating and developing business for T-Systems in the UK market.
Drive a partner alliances programme to underpin Cloud Strategic Service offerings in the UK, enabling Solutions and Services to be delivered within the UK, utilising core T-Systems International Portfolio and Global/Local Partner services as appropriate to the customer demand.
- Establish commercial and management relationships with appropriate Hyperscale (Public) Cloud Providers, complimentary Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers, and key Enterprise Software providers such as SAP.
- Identify new opportunities to develop Cloud Services business in the UK, and continually evolve strategic programmes and initiatives to develop portfolio of offerings together with Sales to grow the UK Cloud Customer base.
IT Division key financial metrics relating to Cloud Services in the UK:
- Order Entry (EMEA Local / UK) Cloud Services ???mio
- Revenue (EMEA Local / UK) Cloud Services ???mio
- Gross Profit (EMEA Local / UK) Cloud Services ???mio
- Customer Order Result (per customer) Cloud Services ???mio
- Coherent Cloud Strategy and implementation plan across the IT Division and greater T-Systems in the UK
- Sales familiarity and performance with Cloud Services
- Strong Order Entry and Revenue Growth from Cloud Services business in the UK market.
- Strong hybrid cloud solutions based on internal and partner portfolio, ready to sell and deliver through strategic implementation programmes.
Key Challenges & Complexity
- Adherence and adoption of central engineering and strategic programmes and portfolio from T-Systems International
- Limited public / hyper scale adoption in current Enterprise Solutions
Power of Decision
- Budget (Programme) Control for Cloud Strategy in UK
- Ultimate Technical Authority for Strategic Local Decisions on solutions and approach
Work experience requirements:
- Experience in a Cloud/Cloud Services Leadership role within an IT Services organization or Cloud Provider ideally at an Enterprise Architect / Chief Technology Officer Level.
- Pre-sales/consultancy experience.
- Line Management experience, with ideally experience in managing virtual, global, complex teams in large organisations.
- Strong Leadership & Management skills, understanding of basic financial management and controls, project and programme experience.
- Project or Program Management - proven track record of implementing organisational, procedural or business change projects
- Exceptional customer facing presentation skills, ideally in a "selling capacity", public speaking experience useful.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent "right-level" Technical knowledge and in-depth Enterprise Architecture level understanding of Cloud Services, Cloud technology, concepts, solutions, use-cases and reference examples.
- Exceptional in-depth experience of at least one public cloud / hyperscale provider (e.g. Amazon, Microsoft Azure)
- Openstack experience highly relevant.
- Enterprise Architecture / Technical Architecture accreditations valued and useful
- Experience in outsourcing of IT Services and provision of Managed Cloud Services
- Pre-sales / consultancy selling skills relevant and useful.
- Ideally a graduate in Business or Computing Science
- Any Cloud / Hyperscale Provider Certification useful.
- Experience of working in different roles and technology functions
- Computing Skills - High Proficiency
- Microsoft Windows Office (especially Powerpoint)
- Ideally Six Sigma qualification