Lead Digital Producer
Part Time 28 Hours, Fixed Term - 12 Months
Pensions are making headlines. People are living longer, and need to save more for later life.
The Government has introduced a number of major reforms to the pensions system. At The Pensions Regulator, the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes, you can contribute to making these changes a success.
We strive to be a strong, agile, fair and efficient regulator and a well-informed and pragmatic thought leader. Through this we seek to gain the respect of employers, trustees, our partners and other stakeholders.
Together with our partners, we will create better outcomes in later life for workplace savers, drive up standards of trusteeship and improve savers' understanding of their situation.
We will make the regulator a great place to work and do all we can to support our people to reach their full potential by providing an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment.Role
We're looking for a Elearning producer content developer to develop, deliver and maintain high quality online elearning products to support the needs of TPR's key customer groups, specifically Trustees, employers and staffResponsibilities
- Be responsible for the design and delivery of rich interactive online and blended learning content and tools that are easy to find, easy to use and that support customer and business needs
- Develop, deliver and continual enhancement of customer facing online learning products required to support TPR's regulatory and legislative needs
- Develop and maintainTPR's learning management system (LMS) as a site administrator including content management, user administration and database management (currently Moodle)
- Development and maintenance of TPR's in-house authoring software, ensuring excellence in usability standards, accessibility, brand and browser compatibility
- Keeping TPR up to date on E-learning design, usability techniques/standards and good application management
- Working with external suppliers and TaCS to ensure a coherent and integrated approach to LMS development
- Development, management and ownership of an ongoing content maintenance programme, liaising with subject matter experts and content owners to ensure all content is relevant and technically accurate
- In-depth knowledge and experience of administering a learning management system (LMS) - moodle site administrator experience preferred system (LMS)
- A good understanding of user-centred design techniques and delivering excellent user experience
- Experience of using either Dreamweaver/Notepad++ or similar coding software to develop content
- Good understanding of the use of GIT-based repositories for amending, testing and compiling SCORM 1.2 compliant elearning
- Understanding of PHP and MySQL - desirable
- In depth knowledge of commercial rapid authoring tools such as Captivate including ActionScript object-orientated programming language and of specialist software to support design, production and delivery of elearning products - eg Adobe Creative Suite, audio recording and editing
- Elearning approach - accessibility and usability production techniques and standards
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers including LMS hosting providers
- Experience of commissioning content/learning design from inhouse/external suppliers
- Proactive and flexible
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personable and a team player
- Excellent customer service
As well as a salary of up to GBP31,011, we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location.
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator in an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual's ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual preference, religious belief and commitment.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please contact Abi Hart
Previous applicants need not apply