Diploma Qualified Paraplanner
We a representing a prominent fee based IFA business who are seeking an experienced, Diploma qualified Paraplanner to work out of their Surrey Head Office.
Preparation of written advice and provide technical research services to a national team of Financial Planners and Directors ensuring that advice for clients is of the highest quality and delivered in an efficient manner.
Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Building financial planning strategies in conjunction with Financial Planners and within agreed guidelines and timescales.
* Conducting research and calculations to demonstrate the reasons for any recommendations being made.
* Delivering clear, concise, compliant, high quality Financial Planning Reports within agreed timescales to a consistently high standard to eliminate the need for any remedial work.
* Writing ad-hoc technical client letters for example, to confirm a withdrawal and any tax implications of the withdrawal.
* Maintaining knowledge to a consistently high standard and keeping abreast or all regulatory, product and taxation changes as they occur.
* Prioritising day-to-day workflow in conjunction with Paraplanning Manager and Financial Planners.
* To ensure continued focus on meeting demand from clients and Financial Planners.
* Build and maintain cohesive working relationships within the business and external partners.
* Proactive in suggesting improvements for the continuing progression of the team and business.
* Participate in project work where required.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both written and oral with a strong eye for detail
* Strong technical knowledge of financial services and products
* Diploma in Financial Planning
* Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence and challenge key stakeholders
* Proven ability to manage priorities
* Able to work effectively in a busy, open plan environment, handling a busy and varied workload whilst maintaining a positive and can-do outlook
* Proven ability to organise workload, adhere to deadlines, support others and go the extra mile
* Capable of establishing and maintaining knowledge of the financial services marketplace
* Knowledge of compliance and other legal processes
The client offers a competitive and extensive benefits package with good opportunities to work flexibly if needed.
For more information, please contact Nick Tagg on
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.