Senior Technical Analyst
SENIOR TECHNICAL DATA LIABILITY ANALYST
EAST SUSSEX (Within walking distance to mainline station)
GBP40k-GBP50k + BONUS + GENEROUS PACKAGE
FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN ONE OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST INVESTMENT AND INSURANCE COMPANIES
The role will be responsible for looking after the defined benefit pension schemes, ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
Duties and responsibilities
* Work autonomously to maintain technical pension processes and to support systems critical to the smooth acquisition and running of bulk pension schemes and annuitant payrolls, ensuring these continue to meet business and regulatory requirements
* Design and/or build new in-house technical solutions to resolve new and existing business issues efficiently and effectively
* Agree the detailed technical business requirements for new system or product developments, for delivering system changes and enhancements.
* Engage, and lead, in other business-critical projects ensuring correct technical decisions are made and requirements implemented in an appropriate manner
* Communicate effectively with colleagues, third parties and senior managers to ensure understanding of technical issues and requirements and to secure agreement to the appropriate course of action.
* Identify improvements to technical process and systems
* Assist in the prioritisation of work to be included in IT releases and undertaken by the Technical Services Team
* Work with the team to propose and promote new ideas and strategies
* Ensure that the principles of Conduct Risk are embedded into your day to day operations to deliver good customer outcomes at all times.
* A thorough understanding of the features and benefits of bulk/individual annuity products, specifically knowledge of defined benefit pension structures
* Proven experience in software or database systems development
* Capacity to estimate, work alongside line managers and manage own work within a plan
* Knowledge of automated unit test design
* Development experience and coding skills, some of: VB/JAVA/C++/SQL/APL or SAS. Database tools experience and ETL
* Database reporting skills
* Familiarity with web based delivery, Java components
* Source control, issue management software and continuous integration software (Perforce/Subversion/JIRA/Hudson/Jenkins)
* Maintain and develop key contacts and network relationships
* Ability to present and influence at senior management level, having confidence to deal with challenges and objections
* Proven ability to use programming language and software tools at a high level
In return the business will provide a clear and structured progression path as well as a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. You will receive a wide range of benefits including:
* Generous pension scheme
* Life assurance & family private medical insurance
* 25 days annual holiday
* Discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and the companies own great products
Click "Apply" or contact Catherine in the Crawley office to discuss this Senior Technical Data Liability Analyst role further.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.