Head of Marketing and Supporter Engagement (Legacies)
Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded strategic thinker with excellent influencing and relationship building skills that can help us beat cancer sooner?
Leading pioneering & life-saving research, our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured - we're currently working towards an ambitious aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034.
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and we work relentlessly every day towards this goal. Without government funding, gifts in Wills are essential to funding our research, with legacies driving over a third of our annual income.
As Head of Marketing & Supporter Engagement for Legacies, you'll deliver an audience led strategy that enables our vision of developing outstanding ways to engage supporters and build lasting relationships. This high profile role presents an exciting opportunity to develop and lead the legacy experience for our supporters - right from the point of awareness through the whole journey, and to help us grow our income stream which is already worth a staggering GBP180m a year.
The successful candidate will:
- Create and advocate an exciting, undeniable vision for the future
- Put the audience at the heart of the work
- Use marketing and engagement techniques to drive positive emotional connections that will lead to long term relationships with our supporters
- Drive the growth of the charity's largest income stream
- Lead and inspire your management teams to achieve great results
As an experienced, and inspirational marketer with a strong understanding of supporter or customer engagement, you'll have the following skills & experience;
- Strong record of devising & implementing marketing strategies at manager/leader level
- Expertise in marketing through all channels
- Strong understanding of the principles of regional engagement & marketing
- Excellent relationship and influencing skills
- Empowering, positive and motivational leadership style
- Ability to think strategically and take into consideration the bigger picture
- Experience managing complex budgets (income & expenditure)
- Ability to implement and manage change in a dynamic and diverse organisation
This role will allow you the opportunity to engage with supporters, and contribute to the wider legacies strategy, securing and growing future legacy income whilst challenging and stretching yourself.
Our benefits package includes an excellent pension scheme and annual leave allowance, as well as discounts on a range of products & services from gym membership to travel. And ultimately you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
Closing date: 24th September
Interviews: 284h September
From 2019, we will be relocating from our current offices in Angel, to a new office space in Stratford close to the Olympic Park.