Liquidity Client Services Associate
Role Title: Liquidity Client Services Associate
New or Existing Role ? New
• This role will provide leading sales support to the Liquidity sales team and their Clients. The role will form an integral part of the overall sales and service proposition of this distribution channel, in order to meet growth strategy targets for net sales and increase market share. Primarily it will provide client service to assist in maximizing our effectiveness in managing our client relationships, asset growth and service.
• Contribute to success of growth strategy
• Responsible for all aspects of client needs
• Responsible for all aspects of sales support and where required client servicing needs
• Actively participate in pre and post sales preparation. See example of duties below.
• Timely execution of tasks to include - Client Account monitoring for purpose of prospecting / Client research / on boarding / response time to clients and sales managers / coordination and distribution of investment marketing / fund queries / CRM tool maintenance / Monitor market and competitor data / review RD portfolios
• Ongoing interaction with Client and Sales Managers to ensure a comprehensive relationship coverage.
• Coordinate between other business teams e.g. - Client Propositions/ Sales
• Account Management - engage with existing clients in Corporate (CMB LC) and FIG (CMB NBFI) to retain / grow
• Maintain records on CRM tool
• Maintain a broad understanding of industry and market knowledge
Customers / Stakeholders
• Build lasting relationships with Relationship Managers and understand their roles and responsibilities
• Robust relationship with broader Liquidity business
• Build strong relationships with Client Propositions / Legal / Product teams
• Ensure continued adherence to PCF policies and values by maintaining familiarization and compliance with PCF procedures, attendance and completion of training provided and performance of day to day analysis in accordance with our PCF principles.
• Contribute proactively to the overall sales process, growth strategy and client contact strategy
• Ensure a seamless process between Client Propositions, Client Services and Business Development Support
Leadership & Teamwork
• Contribute to the efficiency of Client Service / Support function
• Strong networking within broader business
• Support achievement of the HSBC vision, values, goals and cultire in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
• Flexible attitude and willingness to help and advise other team members
• Ensure efficient prioritisation of workload while supporting wider team where necessary
• Raise profile throughout AMG
• Actively participate in success of Client Service function
• Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Have a broad understanding of on-boarding processes
• Use communication skills and technical knowledge to deliver consistent levels of support
• Ensure adherence to all procedures and processes, in line with FIM
• Ensure an in-depth knowledge of Liquidity strategies
• Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions.
• Ensure a broad understanding of other channel core strategies
• Have a full understanding of all 3 rd Party tools i.e. Stoneshot / Client Pro
• Managing time with a demanding workload, yet maintain a proactive and positive approach
• Self-motivation to ensure timely execution and prioritization of responsibilities
• Confidence to make decisions and provide ideas and solutions, not losing sight of overall growth strategy
• Working closely with the Liquidity / Treasury distribution channel, will be expected to provide views and intel of overall proposition.
• At times, maybe expected to work alone to deliver on adhoc projects / requirements
• At times may need to work on other channel tasks to meet deadlines
• Reporting into the Head of Client Service, full support will be available
• Working in a direct team of 3 this team will compliment and work alongside the Liquidity sales team who have a team target of net sales GBP720m. The overall AMEU net sales target for 2017 is $1.7bn
Management of Risk
• Is aware of all Operational and Business risks associated to the role and broader business.
• Reports on any risks directly to manager or as part of procedures
Observation of Internal Controls
• Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
• Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
• Understand the Putting Customers First (PCF) principles, HSBC Global Asset Management's PCF philosophy and how this affects your role. Act in a manner that takes account of these principles to ensure fair outcomes for customers
• Good knowledge of HSBC Global Asset Management Products and Services
• Broad understanding of retail and banking markets
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail. Highly organized.
• Flexible, enthusiastic attitude and ability to work to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Team orientated
• Able to work at all levels of seniority
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/'Front to Back' transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance). The enhanced approvals and vetting would need to be completed before the candidate will be confirmed in the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.