.NET Web Developer
40 hours per week
12 Month contract
Email your CV to jobs (at) eiris.org
We are a leading global provider of the research used by investors and financial institutions to assess the social, environmental, governance and ethical performance of companies.
Reporting to the Senior Web Developer you will be mainly focused onour client-facing delivery platforms. You will work on extensive new features and enhancements/fixes to existing functionality as determined by the project team.
For this role, you'll need to be an experienced .NET front and back end web developer with extensive knowledge of all required technologies. You will join an established team based in London and co-operate with teams across the world.
We have established and evolving coding standards, which you will follow, as well as making extensive use of our source control system, being involved with design, implementation and deployment of solutions as necessary and responding quickly to any necessary fixes.
You hold an understanding of the key principles of accessibility, security and performance in software development and consider these in your daily work.
Joining Vigeo Eiris is a brilliant opportunity to be part of an international organisation, enjoy a great career, in a friendly environment.
EIRIS' London office is based at the award winning Foundry building in Vauxhall. 10 minutes walk from Vauxhall rail and tube and bus stations, and Oval tube station.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking, for please send in your CV to (apply button) information about us is available on: (website) are seeking to fill this vacancy fast and will be interviewing candidates quickly.
Only candidates who have the right to work in the UK will be considered for this position.
Vigeo Eiris is committed to equality of opportunity.
.NET Web Developer
About Vigeo Eiris:
- Vigeo Eiris is a global provider of ESG research to investors, public and private corporates. The agency evaluates the level of integration of sustainability factors into organisations' strategies and operations, and undertakes risk assessments to assist investor and corporate decision-making.
- Vigeo Eiris offers its services through two separate business units:
- Vigeo Eiris rating offers analyses, ratings, benchmarks and portfolio screening, to serve all ethical and responsible investment strategies.
- Vigeo Eiris enterprise supports organisations in the integration of ESG criteria into their business functions and strategic operations.
- Vigeo Eiris methodologies adhere to the strictest quality standards and are certified to the independent ARISTA?? standard. Vigeo Eiris is CBI (Climate Bond Initiative) Verifier. Vigeo Eiris' research is referenced in several international scientific publications.
- Vigeo Eiris is present in Paris, London, Boston, Brussels, Casablanca, Milan, Montreal, Santiago, Stockholm and Tokyo, has a team of 200 and a Global Network of partners.
For more information: an experienced .NET web developer you'll to join our London IS team, working with the global IS team across Paris, London & Casablanca.
Reporting to the Senior Web Developer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Actively focused on contributing to the development of client facing systems (including project work, bug fixes, enhancements and upgrades)
- Development of solutions and functionality determined by the requirements and specifications provided by project team
- Adherence to the prescribed coding standards, architecture and design of systems and projects
- Proper use of source control management system (Git)
- Manage the implementation and deployment of solutions
- Participate in the maintenance and development of projects
- Correction of reported bugs and issues
- Engineer Computer Science (or IT relevant) Bachelor or Master
- Minimum 3 years' experience in development
- MySQL skills are beneficial, but not required.
- Ability to write good quality, clean and documented code
- Ability to take best approach for future requirements or enhancements within scope of current developments
- Ability to learn and understand existing project code supplied with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyse and diagnose problems and provide solutions to those problems
- Understand and follow best practices of web technologies
- Appreciate issues on accessibility, security and performance of web development
- Ability to communicate effectively with users
- Enjoy working within a team and have a real capacity to innovate
- Motivated and independent with a can-do attitude
- French language skills beneficial but not required
Send applications to: Jobs (at) eiris.org
Thank you for your interest in this role. Further information about this role is given in the Job Description provided, with a few words from me by way of introduction.
Vigeo Eiris is a global provider of ESG research to investors, public and private corporates. We evaluate the level of integration of sustainability factors into organisations' strategies and operations, and undertake risk assessments to assist investor and corporate decision making.
Our raison d'??tre calls for clear integrity and high work ethics, top-quality services, constant receptiveness and reactiveness, all of which drive our independence, transparency, innovation and professional excellence.
Vigeo Eiris, born from the merger of two leaders in their historical markets, is rooted in Europe and is now positioned as a global player in ESG research. This status has made us a key stakeholder in building greater awareness of ESG with civil society and local authorities, and in adapting companies' and investors' strategies and practices.
Stakeholder dialogue and innovation are at the very heart of our DNA.
Our teams at the core of our professional excellence
Our belief is that our employees are the backbone of our excellence, the foundation of our expertise and guarantee the quality of all products and services offered to our clients.
We are committed to ensuring that skills development as well as individual and collective performance, are the key factors contributing to career and remuneration success.
About this role:
- You will join a friendly team and productive team of international team of developers, testers and support colleagues based in London, New Zealand and Paris with Casablanca soon expected to join us.
- Primarily working on our client facing platforms you will be working directly with the tools and data that our clients and partners are using.
- You will also cooperate with colleagues who will be working on various internal and external systems to design and implement APIs between setups.
- You will participate in frequent meetings for team status and workload updates
- Whilst based in London, there may occasionally be travel to other sites.
- Working on both front and backend components as required you will gain a deep understanding of our existing systems and participate in the design of new ones.
- Making use of industry standard technologies such as git, jira and Visual Studio will ensure a smooth workflow.
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary of GBP41K including generous pension arrangements, and other company benefits.
Our offices are located in The Foundry a remarkable RIBA award winning, BREEAM 'Excellent' rated centre in Vauxhall, London.
Applying for the role
If this is the opportunity you are looking for and have the right skills and experience - we'd like to hear from you.
Recruitment to this post
Please email your CV to jobs (at) eiris.org appreciate all applications, which will be treated with the highest level of discretion. Due to the number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis. If you are selected for interview, we will be in touch with further information with plenty of opportunities to find out more about us.
We are fast tracking recruitment to this post, and are seeing people quickly to fill this position and may close advertising early due to this