IT Cyber Security Analyst
IT Cyber Security Analyst to provide guidance/support to ensure IT systems are fully compliant and securely implemented. SIEM, CISSP, CISA, ITIL. GDPR
A Fortune 500 company, our client is one of the world's major project development and construction groups. The UK operation is a leading contractor in public private partnerships (PPP), construction, civil engineering, utilities, building services and facilities. An ethical, inclusive, value driven and people focussed company; the UK had revenues of £1.678bn in 2016 employing c5,500 people. Working collaboratively with customers, partners and the supply chain, the company makes a positive difference to society.
IT, an important enabling function at the heart of the company, is part way through a transformation programme increasing engagement further meeting the needs of the operating units and the demands of business growth; reflected in ongoing projects and the order book. Now there is an opportunity for an IT Cyber Security Analyst to complement the Security team in programmes and compliance.
As the IT Security Analyst you will work confidently with IT and business teams ensuring services and systems are securely implemented and compliant with security controls and procedures; provide guidance and support on IT Security matters and more strategically, support the delivery of a continuous improvement plan to protect against cyber security threats.
Reporting to the IT Security Officer your responsibilities will include;
- developing and maintaining IT security and risk policies ensuring adherence,
- taking part in security investigations and compliance reviews providing support and analysis,
- classifying and reporting on vulnerabilities and guiding teams in remediation and migration,
- communicating IT compliance risks with relevant business stakeholders,
- organising information security and IT risk assessments
- setting security design standards for business needs with input from other IT colleagues.
An interesting and challenging role, working across a variety of areas in a small team, building on technical support and established security experience, you'll be able to progress in a major corporate Construction company. Broad Construction industry experience would be preferable.
Of graduate calibre with a degree and/or business level qualification, you'll need one or more of a CISSP, SSCP, CISA, CISM, SANS accreditation & ITIL
- A sound IT technical support background with good IT Security experience in a large scale environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of IT systems, applications and services; Microsoft systems, Windows, UNIX, Apple IOS operating systems, networking, work stations & servers
- Configuration, monitoring & response to security system events, risk & vulnerability analysis.
- Experience with monitoring tools as well as knowledge of SIEM technology,
- Ideally, knowledge of the Data Protection Act and an understanding of GDPR and its impact,
Softer skills will include a collaborative, analytical and methodical approach with sound written and spoken communication skills. You'll have a strong commitment to service quality and customer service, with the ability to manage expectations and influence outcomes.
This role can be based either in Maple Cross, Nr. Rickmansworth or Doncaster, S. Yorkshire. Ideally you should be living within a commutable distance of either location. To find out more about this interesting opportunity, please send your CV and reasons for applying to Rushworths.
Apply for IT Cyber Security Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly