Audio Visual Technician - Central London SE17
Audio Visual Technician - Central London
London Audio Visual Ltd is expanding!
London Audio Visual Ltd is a leading Audio Visual Rental supplier to major Event & Production Companies, Event Planners and a host of exclusive venues throughout the Capital. Due to another year of steady growth they are now looking for an experienced Audio Visual technician to join the team.
You'll find our clients team is friendly and effective - a strong, hardworking group where everyone is valued and most importantly where they all enjoy what they do!
The successful candidate will have the support and space to build a secure career within a growing Company.
The Role ;
- To provide technical solution design, assisting the sales team with support, specifications and costings for clients events
- Represent the Company on site meetings and liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Assist with daily liaison between company departments, sales, operations teams and warehouse regarding crewing and AV equipment requirements
- To prepare and set-up a wide range of Audio Visual, sound ,staging , video and lighting equipment and where required to operate said equipment during specific events
- To provide on-site technical support where required
- Delivering and collecting equipment from various venue sites and suppliers
- Assist with the project management of an event in line with any detailed brief supplied by the sales team.
- Ensure that all audio visual services are delivered to clients in a professional and efficient manner. Liaising with clients on finer details such as equipment placement, control areas , lighting angles etc.
- Assist and advise clients on the operation of certain equipment supplied without an on-site technician.
- Assist in maintaining quality control i.e. - monitoring condition of equipment , reporting any faults etc.
- Providing all required post event reports and analysis
- Assisting with the preparation of H&S documentation.
- Supervising of AV/Event technicians and contract staff on events
- Assist with any training of technical staff on the use and operation of new technology
Basic Qualities / Skills / Attributes
As this is a senior position within our clients technical team, they are looking for someone with solid AV project management skills and a strong and stable background within the industry.
The successful candidate will be someone who;-
- is presentable, polite. well-mannered and well groomed. You must have good communication and client-facing skills as you will be operating in a corporate environment.
- Understands the flexible nature of the events industry and who is used to working unsociable hours.
- is fluent in English - both spoken and written!!
- has a full, clean UK drivers licence with a good knowledge of London and the transport system.
- is a team player who is able to operate calmly under pressure. Our client is looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about a long-term career in the AV Industry
- is PC literate with an excellent understanding of Powerpoint and who has experience with both Mac and Windows operation systems.
- has a good understanding of sound reinforcement equipment including Digital and Analogue mixing consoles, wireless microphones, conference PA set-ups, speaker systems , audio processors and recording.
- has experience in corporate staging , sets and flats , stage backdrops , up-lighting and stage lighting.
- has a thorough understanding of projectors, switchers and scalers plus AV distribution via SDI and CAT5. Knowledge of various display screens and monitors / video walls is essential.
- Is familiar with stage lighting, dimmers, lighting controllers and desks, DMX and all types of LED lighting.
- has some basic experience in camera operation for conference style events. Knowledge of video editing would be useful.
This is a permanent position which our client is looking to fill as soon as possible. Our client offer a competitive salary package based on experience.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, are self-motivated and have a passion for the events industry then please apply online.
Job Type - Permanent (3 month probation period)
Job Location - Central London SE17
Salary - negotiable based on skill-set and experience
Required experience - at least 2 years operating as an AV technician.
Must have UK drivers licence.
Apply for Audio Visual Technician - Central London SE17
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly