Endoscopy Lead Practitioner
BMI Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Endoscopy Lead Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
- Operators and Managers Course in Endoscopy Decontamination.
- Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications. Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service.
- Experience and training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery.
- Experience of clinical governance and audit.
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills including clinical and decontamination
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to support and lead a team
Duties of this role include:
- To support, coordinate and actively assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Endoscopy Unit.
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-procedure phase of care by delivering quality patient care through appropriate clinical supervision and managerial leadership.
- Responsible for adhering to departmental decontamination programme for flexible endoscopes.
- Participate in the departmental audit program including decontamination, clinical standards, microbiological testing, patient experience etc.
- Participate in the completing all departmental risk assessments, COSHH assessments and implementing action plans to address risk.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Assist in the enhancement, development, introduction of services and initiatives.
- Participate in departmental communication, policy development, and continuous quality improvement and meetings.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.