At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
About the job
The Problem Manager is responsible for delivering effective problem management resulting in the provision of stable and robust services to the Global Pearson Business. Focus is on preventing problems resulting from incidents, eliminating recurring incidents and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented. There should be increased focus on proactive elements where the intent is to remove the cause of problems before they have had impact.
- Lead Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations to successfully identify root causes of problems that impact the IT estate.
- Through Defect Prevention Process proactively manage defects that have the potential to impact across the IT estate.
- Proactively identify problem trends and known bugs and work with Application, Business, Technology and other support teams to provide the solution.
- Perform regular Problem Management reviews with Application, Business and Technology to track progress of problem root cause and error resolution tasks.
- Track Problem Management SLAs and KPIs whilst continually seeking to improve.
- Ability to articulate and produce Executive level summaries and reports to a high standard.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- Proven technical experience in an Enterprise environment. Minimum 5 years.
- Proven track record in Incident Management in an Enterprise environment
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives via influence of others
- Demonstrated ability to lead recovery teams during high-pressure situations, remaining calm and focused under pressure
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with both technical and business people in terms they can understand is essential, as is the ability to cooperate with colleagues in other time zones
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail and process-orientated and strong customer service skills
- Demonstrates thinking consistent with the global nature of the role
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science or MIS/CIS) or relevant experience
- ITIL V3 Foundation or above
- Ideally experienced in operating in a high change global enterprise environment