A global Fortune 500 Retail business is recruiting a part/newly qualified accountant to join their Internal Audit function in West London as Internal Auditor.
The business operates in over 300 countries worldwide and is regarded as a true market leader.
The role has emerged due to internal progression.
Reporting directly into the Director of Audit, you will be responsible for the successful completion of the annual Audit Plan through working in a close-knit team to plan, carry out and write up international audit engagements (financial, operational, compliance, commercial).
The Internal Audit function is viewed as an absolutely critical component of the business. The audit focus is risk and control based covering a huge range of key risks within the group.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a Fortune 500 Retail business. Professional development, learning and progression is actively supported and encouraged with the IA function viewed as the ideal platform from which to forge a long and successful career in the wider business.
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plan to be presented to senior management and the AC
- Ensure key findings are discussed and agreed with key stakeholders
- Be a business partner to all, whilst retaining independence
- Follow up on agreed actions and continue to support and assist management implement actions efficiently and timely
- Become and expert in the businesses' risks, systems and procedures
- Report writing - clear, concise and relevant
- Various special projects and investigations as required (fraud/forensic etc).
- Part/newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) and/or qualified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Experience auditing international companies, ideally in a Big 4 environment
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship building skills - work collaboratively with senior management/heads of dept
- Ideally some experience with/knowledge of SOx testing
- Total fluency in English essential - written and spoken
- A commitment and flexibility to travel extensively (50% estimated, usually in a team of 2).
This Internal Auditor role offers exceptional long-term potential to grow within a Fortune 500 Retail firm based in West London. If you are keen to discuss further, please do get in touch.