Sister / Charge Nurse - ITU
BMI Clementine Churchill is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Sister / Charge Nurse to join their team of staff in the ITU department.
This is a PART time role for 22.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse
- Approved Adult Critical Care Course
- ALS Provider certificate
- Evidence of recent professional development
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Nursing degree
- Senior experience in a critical care setting
- Diplomatic and skilled in dealing with consultants, colleagues to achieve objectives
Duties of this role include:
- The sister/ charge nurse will be responsible to provide the safest and the highest standard of critical care for patients.
- To provide knowledge and leadership skills for care management, clinical practice, teaching and supervision to all nurses.
- To support the ITU Manager in providing leadership and management of the critical care unit ensuring the provision of the highest standards of care and services in keeping with the philosophies of the hospital and department, NMC Code of Conduct and the hospital polices and protocols.
- To deputise in absence of ITU Manager
- To develop practice in light of current research & national guidelines.
- To take responsibility for the smooth running of the unit; liaising with the senior nursing staff.
- Promote multidisciplinary team working to achieve optimum levels of patient care.
- To have the ability to liaise with line managers regarding complex issues directly affecting or undermining the standard of nursing within departments.
- Ensure policies relevant to your area are formulated and reviewed and that all hospital and corporate policies adhered to by all members of staff within your sphere of responsibility.
- Ensure effective use of resources in relation to the dependency of patients.
- Ensure effective communication within the team by use of a communication strategy e.g. organizing department meetings etc.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.