Marketing Manager, BDJ Portfolio
Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Job Title: Marketing Manager, BDJ Portfolio
Department: Nature Research
This role is a fantastic opportunity to manage the marketing for a highly-respected and commercially successful portfolio of dental publications and services that appear both in print and digitally. Your role will be to promote the portfolio in order to support the commercial goals of the business and society partner, and to reach the dental profession across the UK. Working autonomously within a supportive team environment, you will be involved in preparing and implementing marketing plans from inception to completion. This role will suit someone who has worked in marketing with a commercial focus, who likes to "own" their portfolio and is well-versed in a range of digital marketing techniques.
This role is a Fixed Term Contract.
Purpose of the role:
Develops marketing strategy and sets objectives for the British Dental Journal (BDJ) portfolio of titles to support the commercial goals of the classified and display sales teams, and the society partner. Responsible for implementation and analysis of marketing activities and budget management.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare commercial marketing strategy and communications plans for assigned portfolio, including but not limited to: BDJ, BDJ Jobs and BDJ Marketplace.
- Define and promote key brand values for managed products and services, ensure brand identity is maintained across all customer touch points.
- Initiate, develop and test a range of digital, social and offline marketing communications tools designed to:
- Promote brands and sales opportunities to market
- Generate leads for sales team
- Work with sales to create upsell opportunities to our existing clients
- Increase brand engagement amongst dental profession
- Increase brand engagement amongst advertisers
- Produce marketing materials to support sales team efforts including input into the development of annual media kits
- Define and profile market segments among both the dental profession to best target marketing activities and sales offerings.
- Provide strategic marketing input and market research support to new product development initiatives.
- Increase traffic to and usage of BDJ Jobs and BDJ Marketplace and other relevant websites to support goals of sales team, produce benchmark reports to monitor results.
- Prepare analyses of campaign promotion results and other marketing benchmark reports, ensuring ROI of all marketing channels.
- Manage promotional budgets for assigned portfolio.
- Communicate marketing activities across internal departments, particularly sales and publishing and with the society.
- Represent the marketing department at key exhibitions.
- Liaise with marketing staff to identify and make use of any opportunities for cross promotion.
- Advertising sales teams; publisher and editorial; society partner; product management; and marketing services;
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- University Degree.
- Proven marketing experience, preferably in a sales/commercial focused environment
- Personal effectiveness in handling a diverse workload, self-motivated with attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills
- Managing budgets and proven cost control
- Excellent digital marketing experience, testing new capabilities
- Proficient experience with web analytics software such as Webtrends, Google Analytics
- Proven acquisition marketing and conversion funnel expertise using a CRM such as Salesforce
- Targeted email and marketing automation skills and experience
- Knowledge of implementing SEO and SEM techniques
- Proficient at creating and monitoring PPC campaigns
- Adept at building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Up to date with marketing technologies and advertising industry trends
- A proven track record of professional achievements and development.
- Professional maturity, able to work in a service orientated environment.
To apply, please submit a CV and a covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the role and including salary expectations.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter