Personal Assistant to Divisional Commander
PA to Divisional Commander, West Division
You will provide a proactive and high standard of support to the office of the Divisional Commander. You will be responsible for managing his diary to ensure that appointments and meetings are efficiently prioritised in order to make maximum use of operational time. The successful candidate will be someone who is highly capable in managing competing demands and has the confidence to respond to fast-paced enquiries from internal and external customers.
It is imperative that the candidate can demonstrate the ability to be highly organised, flexible and committed to working as part of a small team .
• Manage the Principal's diary to ensure that appointments and work are appropriately prioritised, and to allow them to make best use of time and operate efficiently.
• Manage the information arriving in the Principal's office to ensure that it is appropriately prioritised and that the Principal (and Staff Officer) is well informed and well-briefed on matters of importance.
• Manage the storage of information in the Principal's office to ensure that the Principal has quick and easy access to information they require to inform decision-making.
• Collate, prepare and circulate agendas and papers to attendees at the Principal's meetings to ensure that all participants have access to the appropriate information sufficiently in advance of the meeting to adequately prepare themselves.
• Receive and respond to correspondence on behalf of the Principal where the response is routine in nature to ensure that correspondence is dealt with efficiently.
• Draft letters, reports and other documents on behalf of the Principal to minimize the administrative burden on them.
• Prepare presentations on behalf of the Principal to ensure that messages are communicated clearly and effectively.
• Proof read and format documents produced by or on behalf of the Principal to ensure that information is well-presented and effective in communicating the intended messages.
• Provide a full range of administrative support to the Principal's meetings, carrying out tasks as required, to ensure that the meetings function smoothly and effectively.
• Organise events and travel arrangements to ensure that efficient but good value and cost effective arrangements are made on behalf of the Principal.
• To undertake other administrative tasks as requested by the Principal within the scope of appropriate service level agreements.
Skills & Experience
• Good level of IT literacy with advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
• Advanced organisational skills, including the ability to organise time and tasks for both self and the Principal.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proactive approach to problem solving and to work in general.
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information maintaining its integrity.
• Ability to produce good results with limited supervision and limited direct instructions.
• Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and security cleared information.
• A sound knowledge of the Police Service and the context in which it operates.
PA to DCS Helen Collins
We are committed to creating a diverse police service, which reflects the community we serve. We value diversity and inclusion and want to attract the best people for the roles available, regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, disability, social status or religious beliefs.