Support Worker - Twilight
This is an exciting opportunity to support a lady who has suffered a brain injury to move into her own home. Prior to her injury our client led an active life and looked after her physical appearance but she now finds herself reliant on others for all her care needs. Due to the complexity of her case we need to gradually establish her care team; introducing them to her whilst she is still in her current placement, a nursing home in Haywards Heath.
Initially the successful candidates will be working alongside the nursing home staff during the day but will be asked to move into shift work once her move is imminent.
Day to day you will be responsible for helping our client to manage her disability including personal care and her variable physical status, accessing the community, moving home, building relationships and developing her use of technology in order to increase their independence.
Experience of working with brain injured individuals is essential to ensure that we meet the needs of our client.
What you will need:
- Resourcefulness and to be able to demonstrate a 'can do' attitude with consistency and patience;
- To be able to work flexibly;
- Ability to show how you would enable and support vulnerable individuals to make informed choices about their lives;
- Ability to signpost individuals to get the information, advice and guidance they need;
- To feel inspired and motivated by enabling others to achieve their goals;
- Ability to building rapport and relationships with a wide variety of people;
- Ability to empower and inspire confidence in others;
- Ability to facilitate and enable change in others;
- Recognise physical changes in your client and liaise with the MDT professionals.
- Full Driving Licence
The following hours are available:
Monday to Saturday 5pm - 9pm
Tuesday, Friday and Sunday 7am - 7pm
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join this new team, please email your CV.
No agencies please