Customer Service Officer - Kensington & Chelsea Area
Customer Services Officer, Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
Joining our team will provide you with a range of career options; you can progress to management or specialize in other areas such as financial planning and mortgage advice. We also have national and global opportunities in Risk, Marketing, HR, IT and Commercial banking to name a few.
The start of your journey in your new role with HSBC will provide you with a 6 week blended learning experience, during this time you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of classroom, on-line & practical training as well as having the opportunity to develop your new skills in HSBC's model branch. If you are a graduate, you will have the opportunity to apply to join one of our graduate schemes, if not you can apply to join our apprenticeship programmes, both are award winning.
In addition to a competitive salary this role, when you join our team, from day one you'll have access to a competitive benefits package, including:
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family worth up to GBP775
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of up to 17% *
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- 25 days' holiday, plus 8 public and bank holidays - with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- My Choice - our flexible benefits scheme
We're looking for people with personality, drive and ambition, and basically people people, on a full time basis to join our teams .
In this role, you will:
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for HSBC UK, delivering an exceptional customer experience through identifying and fulfilling all customer needs at first point of contact.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of the bank's products and services; articulating these to your customer in an engaging and confident manner.
- Operate within a customer facing capacity in branch, generating revenue growth by meeting and exceeding customer needs; maximising opportunities across all customer segments.
- Deliver our multi-channel proposition by providing service excellence, educating your customers around the best solutions to meet their needs
- Effectively question and listen to your customers to enable you to fully understand both new & existing customer's financial circumstances and needs.
- Proactively drive referrals to both Premier and Wealth colleagues and Branch Specialists to ensure that the customer is provided with the best possible advice.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's full range of products & services to enable you to connect your customers with other colleagues who can support their entire life journey.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to ensure every need of the customer can be met within the wider branch team.
- Help customers to understand how they can flexibly use HSBC services through Internet Banking, phone Banking & Self-service points, to meet their varying needs.
- Be proactive in building & developing a customer base through the use of Customer Contact Lists, referrals & walk-ins.
- Understand & continue to develop your knowledge of operational risk, legal & regulatory requirements & operating procedures & practises.
- Treat Customers Fairly at the heart of all that you do.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Have a passion for continuously delivering a superior customer experience.
- Pride yourself on consistently delivering a personalised, friendly & efficient service at all times.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations with customers & to build strong professional rapport.
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to understand a customer's requirements through effective fact finds.
So, do you want a career rather than just a job? Some of our most successful senior employees started their careers in our branch network
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today to join HSBC, a truly global organisation, and start your journey.
*Pension core contribution of 10% on first GBP20,100 of pensionable salary and 9% on any remaining salary over GBP20,100 plus 7% matching contributions
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.