Director of Mathematics
KAA is a growing 11-18 academy. In our first three years we have built a school which has the very highest standards, both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. We now have 720 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, and 200 in Y12 & 13. Our school is heavily oversubscribed at both Year 7 and Sixth Form.
At KAA we are building a school which has the very highest standards - both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In July 2014 the Department of Education reported we are "one of the best new academies they had ever seen" in terms of our planning and curriculum development. In November of that year we were inspected by Miriam Rosen, former HMCI, who wrote "the academy has made a remarkable start and is already securing highly positive outcomes for students." We look forward to our first full Ofsted inspection in due course and aim to achieve 'outstanding' in all areas.
We are looking for a talented and committed Director of Mathematics to lead our excellent department.
Start date: January 2018
- Design an engaging and challenging curriculum that enables all students to achieve at the highest level.
- Lead and manage a professional community of subject teachers to ensure the highest student attainment and progress, delivering training, coaching and mentoring to your team of teachers as required.
- Lead systems and structures at a department level that lead to 100% good and outstanding teaching within your department (with a focus on outstanding).
- Tracking, monitoring and accountability for the progress and attainment of students.
- Ensure marking and feedback for students' work is of the highest standard across your department and in line with the KAA marking guidelines.
- Either yourself or via colleagues, induct and mentor NQTs, Teach Firsts, Schools Direct and Now Teach trainees into the department.
- Modelling for all subject staff exemplary practice in terms of managing difficult and challenging behaviour from students, and establishing a culture of high expectations within your department.
- Consult with Vice Principal Curriculum & Assessment on the most effective way to organise pupil groupings in your subject in response to recent assessment data.
- Ensure department assessments are suitably rigorous and challenging and delivered in line with the KAA Assessment Policy.
- Coordination and delivery of department enrichments and interventions.
- If required, deliver high-quality training on teaching and learning to teachers outside your department, focusing on your areas of particular expertise.
Please download the enclosed Job Supporting Document which includes a full candidate pack and submit the attached completed application form to Lavinia Baboi by email via the button below if you are interested in the role. Please note that we cannot accept CVs.
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link:
Deadline: Apply by Wednesday, 4th October 2017 at 9 am.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.