Independent Nurse Prescriber - London
As a Nurse Prescriber you will work independently to provide a general nursing service for our company clients based in London. This is a varied role and each day will be different however your main duties will involve: assessing, diagnosing and treatment minor illness, dressings, ear syringing, smears, venepuncture and cholesterol testing. In addition, you will help to coordinate the defined primary care activities and help to ensure that compliance with relevant legislation is maintained within the clinic.
- Maintain the highest standards of primary health nursing care
- Undertake the collection of pathological specimens including intravenous blood samples, swabs, smears, etc. Perform investigatory procedures requested by the GP's Undertake chain of custody urinary drug analysis for client companies
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and nondrug- based treatment methods into a management plan
- Provide advice on overseas travel and vaccinations
- Carry out influenza inoculations programmes at practice and client sites
- Co-ordinate and participate in health promotion days
- Undertake vision screening for clings both on site and at client premises.
- Maintain a full supply of medical stock and appropriate health care supplies for the practice
- Maintain up to date knowledge on all professional nursing matters
- Maintain accurate confidential health records
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- Non- Medical independent prescriber with Practice Nurse Qualifications (Diploma/Degree)
- Relevant experience of dealing with minor injuries, ear irrigation, cervical screening, travel health and venepuncture
- Previous experience as a prescribing nurse
- Ability to demonstrate clinical expertise and knowledge of audit
- Experience of working autonomously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Individual:
As an excellent team leader, you will provide direction and development to all staff to enhance customer experience. Having a pleasant and positive attitude, whilst also being decisive and able and willing to take managerial responsibility, will assist you in developing excellent working relationship across all stakeholders; as will having excellent communication skills.
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.