We have an opportunity for a Recreation Assistant (Bank) to join the team based at our Chichester campus on a variable hours basis. You will receive an hourly rate of £8.49 per hour.
From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College changed its name to Crawley College. It merged with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Recreation Assistant (Bank) your role will involve running and supervising our children's holiday club sessions and children's parties.
This role will be used to cover for weekends, evenings and hours during the day for our Holiday club programme. All hours are variable and subject to change depending on rotas.
Key Responsibilities as our Recreation Assistant (Bank);
- Monitoring that each area of activity is used in the correct manner. If there are any questions direct them towards the Duty Officer.
- Setting up, maintaining and dismantling equipment according to the schedules of activities taking place.
- Cleanliness of the Sports Centre and associated areas and changing facilities.
Skills & Experience required of our Recreation Assistant (Bank):
- Have a keen interest in sports coaching and teaching
- Able to prioritise tasks successfully
- Have proven organisation and communication skills.
- Have interpersonal skills and be pro-active
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment is advantageous
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers' final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman's Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College's Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 5 October 2017
Interview date: 19 October 2017
There are no guaranteed minimum hours of work for this post.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Recreation Assistant (Bank) then please click ‘apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.