Rock Climbing Instructor
We are seeking a fully qualified Rock Climbing Instructor to join the team based at our Chichester campus to cover on an ‘as and when' required basis. You will receive an hourly rate of £21.69 per hour.
From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College changed its name to Crawley College. It merged with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Rock Climbing Instructor (Bank) your role will be to coach/teach groups of adults/students/children in Rock Climbing while following the guidelines of the College's risk assessment for the use of the climbing wall.
Key Responsibilities as our Rock Climbing Instructor (Bank);
- Assist with the re-routing/general maintenance of the climbing wall including monthly checks of the equipment used.
- Assess users to ensure that they are capable and have sufficient knowledge to use the climbing wall safely.
- Supervise the wall during public sessions and to ensure it operates in line with our code of practice.
- Lead group sessions and clubs, which includes teaching safe rock climbing practices.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed to make this a smooth running operation.
- Inspect all equipment prior to classes to ensure they are safe to use.
- Ensure all customer enquiries/complaints are dealt with promptly and professionally.
Skills & Experience required of our Rock Climbing Instructor (Bank):
- Hold a recognised MLTB, CWA or SPA Award or higher.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all ages and levels is essential
- Experience of assessing, training and coaching, including working with students or children
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers' final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman's Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College's Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 21 September 2017
Interview date: 6 October 2017
There are no guaranteed minimum hours of work for this post.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Rock Climbing Instructor (Bank) then please click ‘apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.