Lead Data Scientist
Job Title: Data Scientist (VP)
Barclays UK (BUK) is our personal and business banking franchise with true scale, built around our customers and client's needs, with innovation at its core. It comprises our UK retail banking operations, mortgages, UK consumer credit cards business, our UK- based Wealth offering and Corporate Banking for smaller businesses.
- Own one or more data science use cases end-to-end from data discovery to operationalizing
- Help build best-in-class development architecture, standards, best practices for Machine learning
- Understand the business domain, define the scope, prepare and draft success criteria, failure criterion and initial hypothesis for the use case
- Conceptualize and quickly build POC on new product ideas - should perform either as an individual contributor or lead a team of data scientists and data engineers
• Machine and deep learning models
• Broad knowledge of applied mathematics (probability or statistics, linear algebra)
• Proficiency in one or more statistical tools/languages - Python, Scala, R or SAS and related packages like Pandas, SciPy/Scikit-learn, NumPy etc.
• Experience and understanding of Big Data ecosystem with technologies like Spark/PySpark, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive etc. Experience in UNIX scripting and NoSQL would be an added advantage
• Prior experience working in banking\finance domain would be an added advantage
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.